Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443048 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#224515 - 05/16/08 01:03 AM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA *DELETED* [Re: WalkingSouth]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Post deleted by Robbie Brown

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#224517 - 05/16/08 01:07 AM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: Still]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

not directed at you or anyone else in this thread Rob. Just sigh...

#224518 - 05/16/08 01:12 AM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: WalkingSouth]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
lol, come on John! Make a stand! Voice your opinion! Don't be lame. I know you're just WANTING to say SOMETHING about this. (What happened to the John I used to know?)

#224523 - 05/16/08 02:14 AM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: Hauser]
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
It's not about the state sanctioning. It is a fact that 'married' couples enjoy benefits and rights that are denied to others that are not 'married'. If they would change all of the statutes to be 'commited couple' and not 'married' all of this would go away. It wouldn't be such a BFD if all people were given those same rights and priveledges in the first place. California was the first state to overturn the law against interracial marriage in 1948, this is no different.

And damn it, I'm getting married!

Steve

#224525 - 05/16/08 05:13 AM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: Stephen_5]
arronb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Perth
Hey Steve ...

Congratulations.

You're not the only one lining up to get married in California ...

Ellen & Portia to marry

#224528 - 05/16/08 07:39 AM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: arronb]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Congratulations Steve! and arronb?

As for the political arguments, I'm with John *sigh* This decision is one for many of our members to celebrate so lets go with it!

ROCK ON.......Trish

#224537 - 05/16/08 08:54 AM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: Trish4850]
arronb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Perth
Originally Posted By: Trish4850
Congratulations Steve! and arronb?

Trish, mate ...
Is that a marriage proposal ???

I know I am a hopeless romantic ...
but I hardly know thee ... and if I recall correctly
there's a gentleman who walks around with white bubbles
on his head that seems pretty attached to ya ...

oh well if california is ready to go that way ...
a happy 3some it'll be ... not !!!

hey man with bubbles on head - lose the dame and I'll
immigrate LOL

Sorry Trish ...
a joke a ya expense ...
blame it on the meds if ya must ...

(I was referring to Ellen and my fellow aussie Portia joining the queue)

#224541 - 05/16/08 09:10 AM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: arronb]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
*lol* Yes Arron, I am definately attached to bubble head man, but hey, if things don't work out...............

I though maybe you were hinting that you would be one of those on line....sorry for the booboo.

ROCK ON........Trish

#224552 - 05/16/08 10:07 AM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: Trish4850]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Whatever!

And what about us single people? We're the NEW discriminated class. If we live until age 67, then die, ALLLLLLL of the money we put into social security goes back into the pool to pay for future retirees. Meanwhile you "married" people get to leave a "death benefit" for your "spouse", and they get a monthly check until they die, which could be for another 50 years in extreme cases. Talk about discrimination!

Oh, and if your "spouse" gets a job offer, you get to tag along and get unemployment insurance while you move to your new residence even though you voluntarily quit your job to be with your "husband". Try doing that if you're single and see how far you get.

If you're "married" and in the military, you automatically get better on-base housing, even if you're the same pay grade/rank.

If you're unmarried, you can legally be denied leave from your employer to care for a newborn child.

There are more examples I could site, such as the stupid tax code which is way to long for the purposes of this discussion, so I'll site my one single favorite assanine tax code: "married" people are entitled, when they sell their home, to a $500,000 capital gains exemption. Thus, for "married" people, $500,000 of the gain from sale of the home is exempt from taxes. Single people are only entitled to a $250,000 exemption. What's THAT all about?

I think you get my point. With respect, I'm not going to celebrate the confiscation of money and privileges from one group of people to another simply because the state sanctions their relationship.

#224562 - 05/16/08 11:31 AM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: Hauser]
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
You know, I'm with you on that. If the laws and regulations were truely nuetral and didn't favor one thing over another that would be great. But that's not the way things are in reality. One example is that families with a whole bunch of kids get tax incentives to have a whole bunch of kids in the form of deductions. In the world according to Steve, everyone would pay the same percentage of their income in tax, no exceptions, no exclusions, a post card size tax form. I also agree that it's none of the governments business who I love or chose to live with, but....there are all sorts of laws giving rights and priviledges to certain classes of citizens that are denied to other classifications of citizens. That is unjust.

I'll send in my check for 2 cents and get off my soapbox now.

Steve

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.