Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (Johnnygolightly, Bluedogone), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443141 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#224322 - 05/15/08 07:01 AM Re: Dear God [Re: Trish4850]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
i just want to say thanks for the responses here
i was thinking about this thread all day in work yesterday, i really feel very much at peace now. It really means a lot to me that you have helped me like this.

Roger you say about God sends people, well somebody did offer out a hand of friendship yesterday who i unexpectedly met in work, and also i actually had a pleasant conversation with my mum and sister, and i was suprised they had some nice things to say. I attribute these things to the work of my old friend.

I did pray last night, and i believe in God (shhh dont tell the scientific community lol). I feel that you have given me so much strength here and allowed me to find that which i had lost and i really don't know how to thank you. I'm not going to lose him again. I'm going to make a reminder of this moment and hope i never doubt because i feel so safe knowing.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#224353 - 05/15/08 09:58 AM Re: Dear God [Re: king tut]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
My friend - you have given me my first real smile all week. There is a peace that is running through my spirit knowing you have come to a better relationship with God. Please remember, to doubt is human - but to hold on even during those times of doubt - that is faith. And I believe yours has grown a great deal lately.

I am proud of you for sharing your true feelings - not only with God but with us. To see someone grow through their trials is awesome. You have been an inspiration to me - for which I cannot thank you enough.

M

#224354 - 05/15/08 10:03 AM Re: Dear God [Re: MarkK]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I am glad for you Lewis. God is always there all we have to is ask and if we are sincere he will meet us. You were honest in your questions and in your prayer and he honored that. He always will if we are honest wtih him about our anger and our doubts and our questions. I am happy for you and I know this will be a source of great strength for you. You are not alone. We never really are alone.

#224371 - 05/15/08 11:21 AM Re: Dear God [Re: Freedom49]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

(((((Lewis)))))

Guess I'm there with you on the "Scientific Community" thing ;-)

I love science, although I'm not as deep into it as you are, but I do feel that science and belief in God can fit together quite well.

I follow Astronomy quite frequently, love new discoveries, and of course deep sea exploration! Was completely enthralled when they finally got pics and video of the Giant Squid live in the wild!

Glad you're holding onto that Faith. God has definitely gotten me through some extremely difficult spots in my life.

#224373 - 05/15/08 11:26 AM Re: Dear God [Re: JustScott]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
umm
KT & JS
gonna let ya in a lil secret...
Who do you think created science?

C

#224391 - 05/15/08 12:25 PM Re: Dear God [Re: ineffable]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

;-) Yep, I've used that one as well!

Thanks for the reminder!

#224426 - 05/15/08 02:37 PM Re: Dear God [Re: Trish4850]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Dear God,

Thanks for bringing Lewis and Chris to our community, where we could welcome them and help them get started on the task of reclaiming their lives. Thanks also for letting me get to know them as brother survivors and friends, and please help me to continue to be of whatever help I can to them as they face the tasks ahead.

Special thanks for Lewis' Dad, whom I know he loves and needs, and Chris' Dad, who, although he is not with Chris any longer, continues to inspire him with his love and pride.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#224429 - 05/15/08 02:59 PM Re: Dear God [Re: roadrunner]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
An old Christian stand-by:

There was a scientist whom claimed to God that he too could create life out of dirt. God said "go ahead...show me."

The scientist began with a chunk of dirt in his hand and said "OK...first, I take this dirt and..." God interrupted, "ehem...that's MY dirt."

Science and God need not be diametrically opposed. They truly work together and support some of each other's claims.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#224452 - 05/15/08 07:34 PM Re: Dear God [Re: Still]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Alright, this is the scientific community here, and KingTut,you are in BIG TROUBLE! First of all you fired God, so for that whole time we had NO ONE to argue the non existence of! Then you brought him back without telling us, so we were STILL missing out! Your scientific community card has hereby been revoked! lol

#224488 - 05/15/08 11:40 PM Re: Dear God [Re: blueshift]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dear God,

Thank you for being patient with me, for waiting 33 years until I was ready to deal with my CSA.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.