Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (Ken Singer, LCSW, tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63579 Topics
444199 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#223578 - 05/10/08 06:15 PM Can We Do Anything About This?
Dude. Offline

Loc: USA
I'm shocked. Watch this.

This needs to be taken off youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qd_eCmZnBI

#223580 - 05/10/08 06:49 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: Dude.]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Well, that's enough to give me fresh nightmares.

#223582 - 05/10/08 06:59 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: EGL]
Dude. Offline

I'm pissed.

There has to be something we can do about person.

Here is his website.

http://www.VilePervert.com

This guy is a convicted pedophile.

#223585 - 05/10/08 07:08 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: Dude.]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
That is just trash

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#223586 - 05/10/08 07:11 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: Dude.]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
People have the right to say what ever they want, the only effective way to stop people like this is to just speak up twice as loud and make sure the truth is told to people.

#223589 - 05/10/08 07:18 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: theatrekid]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
ummm... actually there is nothing wrong with it. the guy is portraying ocsar wilde. its a farce. read up on your oscar wilde history and you will find out he was into guys. the actor himself is playing a character.

#223591 - 05/10/08 07:25 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: theatrekid]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I flagged it as inappropriate for YouTube. Others may wish to do the same.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#223592 - 05/10/08 07:31 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: roadrunner]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

omg larry. wtf.

#223593 - 05/10/08 07:38 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: Dude.]
Calanthe Offline
New Here

Loc: California
Hummm Did you listen to the whole thing gentlemen? Or were you to offended or triggered to get past the buggering boys chorus because if you listen to whole thing he says quite clearly “Make Sure Your Partner Is Not Too Young Or Too Old or Simply Doing What He Is Told” How much clearer does he need to be that this is not about abuse child or otherwise?

That’s one point. The next point is boy or boi can apply to someone well over the age of childhood. I was able to lay claim to being a BOY well into my 30’s and while boy would be stretch for me now there are still circles were I can claim to be chicken, all be small circles but they do still exist.

And finally Jarred is completely right this is a farce on Oscar Wilde.

So cailm down and listen to everything that is said it might take on a different meaning or not. Then this is something that tirggers you and you should avoid it.

Ciao,

Scott

And given the choice I will save my ass first everytime(STC)

#223595 - 05/10/08 07:42 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: Calanthe]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

here. read up on oscar wilde and his sex life. take off your survivor glasses and stop over reacting. the dude costume is pretty dead on even.

Though Wilde's sexual orientation has variously been considered bisexual, homosexual, and paederastic, Wilde himself felt he belonged to a culture of male love inspired by the Greek paederastic tradition.[9] In describing his own sexual identity, Wilde used the term Socratic.[10] He may have[citation needed] had significant sexual relationships with (in chronological order) Frank Miles, Constance Lloyd (his wife), Robert Baldwin Ross, and Lord Alfred Douglas ("Bosie"). Wilde also had numerous sexual encounters with working-class male youths, who were often rent boys.

Biographers generally believe Wilde was made fully aware of his own and others' homosexuality in 1885 (the year after his wedding) by the 17-year-old Robert Baldwin Ross. Neil McKenna's biography The Secret Life of Oscar Wilde (2003) theorises that Wilde was aware of his homosexuality much earlier, from the moment of his first kiss with another boy at the age of 16. According to McKenna, after arriving at Oxford in 1874, Wilde tentatively explored his sexuality, discovering that he could feel passionate romantic love for "fair, slim" choirboys, but was more sexually drawn towards the swarthy young rough trade. By the late 1870s, Wilde was already preoccupied with the philosophy of same-sex love, and had befriended a group of Uranian (pederastic) poets and homosexual law reformers, becoming acquainted with the work of gay-rights pioneer Karl-Heinrich Ulrichs. Wilde also met Walt Whitman in America in 1882, writing to a friend that there was "no doubt" about the great American poet's sexual orientation — "I have the kiss of Walt Whitman still on my lips," he boasted. He even lived with the society painter Frank Miles, who was a few years his senior and may have been his lover. However, writes McKenna, he was at one time unhappy with the direction of his sexual and romantic desires, and, hoping that marriage would 'cure' him, he married Constance Lloyd in 1884. McKenna's account has been criticised by some reviewers who find it too speculative, although not necessarily implausible.[11]

Regardless of whether or not Wilde was still naïve when he first met Ross, Ross did play an important role in the development of Wilde's understanding of his own sexuality. Ross was aware of Wilde's poems before they met, and indeed had been beaten for reading them. He was also unmoved by the Victorian prohibition against homosexuality. By Richard Ellmann's account, Ross, "...so young and yet so knowing, was determined to seduce Wilde." Later, Ross boasted to Lord Alfred Douglas that he was "the first boy Oscar ever had" and there seems to have been much jealousy between them. Soon, Wilde entered a world of regular sex with youths such as servants and newsboys, in their mid to late teens, whom he would meet in homosexual bars or brothels. In Wilde's words, the relations were akin to "feasting with panthers", and he revelled in the risk: "the danger was half the excitement." In his public writings, Wilde's first celebration of romantic love between men and boys can be found in The Portrait of Mr. W. H. (1889), in which he propounds a theory that Shakespeare's sonnets were written out of the poet's love of Elizabethan boy actor "Willie Hughes".

In the early summer of 1891 he was introduced by the poet Lionel Johnson to the twenty-two-year-old Lord Alfred Douglas, an undergraduate at Oxford at the time. An intimate friendship immediately sprang up between the two, but it was not initially sexual, nor did the sexuality progress far when it did eventually take place. According to Douglas, speaking in his old age, for the first six months their relations remained on a purely intellectual and emotional level. Despite the fact that "from the second time he saw me, when he gave me a copy of Dorian Gray which I took with me to Oxford, he made overtures to me. It was not till I had known him for at least six months and after I had seen him over and over again and he had twice stayed with me in Oxford, that I gave in to him. I did with him and allowed him to do just what was done among boys at Winchester and Oxford . . . Sodomy never took place between us, nor was it attempted or dreamed of. Wilde treated me as an older one does a younger one at school." After Wilde realised that Douglas only consented in order to please him, as his instincts drew him not to men but to younger boys, Wilde permanently ceased his physical attentions.[12]

Wilde and Lord Alfred Douglas in 1893For a few years they lived together more or less openly in a number of locations. Wilde and some within his upper-class social group also began to speak about homosexual law reform, and their commitment to "The Cause" was formalised by the founding of a highly secretive organisation called the Order of Chaeronea, of which Wilde was a member. A homosexual novel, Teleny or The Reverse of the Medal, written at about the same time and clandestinely published in 1893, has been attributed to Oscar Wilde, but was probably, in fact, a combined effort by a number of Wilde's friends, which Wilde edited. Wilde also periodically contributed to the Uranian literary journal The Chameleon.

Lord Alfred's first mentor had been his cosmopolitan grandfather Alfred Montgomery. His older brother Francis Douglas, Viscount Drumlanrig possibly had an intimate association with the Prime Minister Archibald Philip Primrose, 5th Earl of Rosebery, which ended on Francis' death in an unexplained shooting accident. Lord Alfred's father John Sholto Douglas, 9th Marquess of Queensberry came to believe his sons had been corrupted by older homosexuals, or as he phrased it in a letter, "Snob Queers like Rosebery".[13] As he had attempted to do with Rosebery, Queensberry confronted Wilde and Lord Alfred on several occasions, but each time Wilde was able to mollify him.

Divorced and spending wildly, Queensberry was known for his outspoken views and the boxing roughs who often accompanied him. He abhorred his younger son and plagued the boy with threats to cut him off if he did not stop idling his life away. Queensberry was determined to end the friendship with Wilde. Wilde was in full flow of rehearsal when Bosie returned from a diplomatic posting to Cairo, around the time Queensberry visited Wilde at his Tite Street home. He angrily pushed past Wilde's servant and entered the ground floor study, shouting obscenities and asking Wilde about his divorce. Wilde became incensed, but it is said he calmly told his manservant that Queensberry was the most infamous brute in London, and that he was not to be shown into the house ever again. It is said that, despite the presence of a bodyguard, Wilde forced Queensberry to leave in no uncertain terms.

On the opening night of The Importance of Being Earnest Queensberry further planned to insult and socially embarrass Wilde by throwing a bouquet of turnips. Wilde was tipped off, and Queensberry was barred from entering the theatre. Wilde took legal advice against him, and wished to prosecute, but his friends refused to give evidence against the Marquess and hence the case was dropped.

Wilde and Bosie left London for a holiday in Monte Carlo. While they were there, on February 18, 1895, the Marquess left his calling card at Wilde's Club, with an in>

#223596 - 05/10/08 07:43 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: roadrunner]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Originally Posted By: roadrunner
I flagged it as inappropriate for YouTube. Others may wish to do the same.

Done!

#223597 - 05/10/08 07:45 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: Jarrad]
Dude. Offline

Jarrad, this guy is an actor. However, he was sentenced to seven years in prison for molesting boys. He only served half of the sentence.

Now he is making video's like this. I flagged the video as inappropriate as well.

Look at this video of one his victims confronting him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hss7...eature=related

#223598 - 05/10/08 07:47 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: Dude.]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

*rolls eyes* its youtube for fucks sake. its a farce on oscar wilde. big deal.

#223600 - 05/10/08 07:56 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: Jarrad]
Dude. Offline

Originally Posted By: Jarrad
*rolls eyes* its youtube for fucks sake. its a farce on oscar wilde. big deal.

Wow

#223601 - 05/10/08 08:00 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: Jarrad]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Jarrad
omg larry. wtf.

I know my Oscar Wilde and I've read everything he ever wrote; he was a genius of English literature. That his sexual preferences were used to destroy him was an outrage.

But this is Jonathan King. He doesn't trigger me or make me hysterical. I just don't think this is appropriate to YouTube, and yes, Jarrad, it strikes me as a big deal. King's agenda here is clearly (or that's how I see it) to belittle and mock his conviction as a pedophile. By "boys" he doesn't mean young gay adults, but the vulnerable teenagers he lured in with the glamor of the rock scene and and whose trust he betrayed years ago.

But now that I think of it, flagging his video was a bad idea. It gives him attention and this is what he craves above all else. A better move would be to just ignore him.

Oscar Wilde, by the way, I would be happy to defend all day long. \:\)

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#223606 - 05/10/08 08:21 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: roadrunner]
Dude. Offline

Well said Larry!

#223610 - 05/10/08 08:49 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: Dude.]
Marinan Offline

Also, the man is clearly disgusting and arguably evil.

Even if his video is fine, if he has harmed a child, I don't care.

#223617 - 05/10/08 09:22 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: EGL]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Whatever you call it, it's what ruined my life and caused me a life of pain. It smells like smoke

#223618 - 05/10/08 09:33 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: pufferfish]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I personally do not care who the frak he was what kind of genius he is perported to be. There are lots of very talented people who have done abominable things. There are consequences. His life is and the guy who is portraying him and thus seeking notority from him is as dispicable as he is which probably explains his choice of material.

Pardon me while I lose my lunch.

#223668 - 05/11/08 04:51 AM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: Jarrad]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
I flagged it too.

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

#223680 - 05/11/08 09:04 AM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: alexey]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Guys,

We all have our differing views on what to make of this business; mine are stated above, speaking just as me, but I understand that this isn't the only way to look at it. The important thing is let's not allow Jonathan King, of all people, become a source of friction among us here!

If you do feel you want to comment on his video on the YouTube site, that's of course up to you. My thought is deny him what he wants - attention. That takes restraint, but it's also what will hit him hardest. Narcissistic characters like him can't stand to be ignored. \:D

But please do not comment using the name of MaleSurvivor. We have had this problem in the past, and we don't want King's supporters coming here to sign up and argue with us. That will lead nowhere and do no one any good. It's not a matter of courage/cowardice, but an issue of focus.

Thanks.

Larry, aka roadrunner,
For the ModTeam

(Woody Guthrie)

#223689 - 05/11/08 10:03 AM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: roadrunner]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I have flagged it as well.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#223746 - 05/11/08 05:21 PM Re: Can We Do Anything About This? [Re: FormerTexan]
KeithR Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
I think I'm normally pretty liberal about taking things in fun. I didn't like this one. I think it's at the least not funny. I feel like it borders on inappropriate as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.