Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
5 registered (highflight, Sonata1, MrsC, Sojourn Survivor, Obi), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63851 Topics
445846 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#223564 - 05/10/08 04:16 PM Re: Hitler as a coping strategy [Re: Hauser]
hogan_dawg Offline

Hey DKing - Hitler was a narcissist. Perps are narcissists. Your connection is real.

People who hold themselves up as superior to others give themselves permission to abuse. It IS a common theme throughout history and I like your take on it.

I think most Jewish people who've been in concentration camps understand our plight. Maybe we can understand theirs too.

#223594 - 05/10/08 07:42 PM Re: Hitler as a coping strategy [Re: hogan_dawg]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I respect the right of all of us to look into this one in whatever way works for us personally. We each have our own trajectory for recovery.

That said, I have never considered it useful to compare any one person's trauma, pain and suffering with that of anyone else. For purposes of my own recovery, what matters is how I feel and what ways abuse has derailed my ability to appreciate my own worth. If I feel terribly hurt and devastated, the reality of those feelings is where I have to start. It's only by acknowledging and "owning" my own pain that I can begin to face it and do something about it.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.