Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 19 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63581 Topics
444213 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#223564 - 05/10/08 04:16 PM Re: Hitler as a coping strategy [Re: Hauser]
hogan_dawg Offline

Hey DKing - Hitler was a narcissist. Perps are narcissists. Your connection is real.

People who hold themselves up as superior to others give themselves permission to abuse. It IS a common theme throughout history and I like your take on it.

I think most Jewish people who've been in concentration camps understand our plight. Maybe we can understand theirs too.

#223594 - 05/10/08 07:42 PM Re: Hitler as a coping strategy [Re: hogan_dawg]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I respect the right of all of us to look into this one in whatever way works for us personally. We each have our own trajectory for recovery.

That said, I have never considered it useful to compare any one person's trauma, pain and suffering with that of anyone else. For purposes of my own recovery, what matters is how I feel and what ways abuse has derailed my ability to appreciate my own worth. If I feel terribly hurt and devastated, the reality of those feelings is where I have to start. It's only by acknowledging and "owning" my own pain that I can begin to face it and do something about it.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.