Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob_dup1 (54), Carlos Gerardo (41), FERALFOO (48), Jolly Fisherman (59), Karl (62), MikeInFlorida (52), mizphit09 (37), oktobe_me (53), Yaoichan (22)
Who's Online
2 registered (bluesky, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#223255 - 05/08/08 01:03 PM Dealing with that which frightens me.
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Okay, I know I've given everyone here pages and pages of random wranting rubbish reguarding recent worrying realizations, ---- alright, I'll stop that now.

anyway, the point is this morning (as I said in poem 13), I found an answer. I'm not sure if it's a good one, but it's mine anyway. It's primarily a synaesthesic one, ---- but I'll try and articulate it properly sinse everyone has been really kind and understanding and it seems only fair to tell people how things work out.

Okay, the problem was that I felt frightened by the realization that some of the girls involved in my abuse probably had some kind of feelings for me.

My answer?

well so what!

It takes ttwo to tango, and practically raping someone isn't a good tango invitation. Their feelings did, and stil do, nothing to me, and sinse I most absolutely, deffinately and positively couldn't recipricate in any way, ---- they made it impossible, their feelings need not involve me.

At the point i was being abused, it was dam clear what they were feeling towards me, their actions made that clear!

they fully well knew I was being hurt and just carried on. So, for that time I nwas being hated, despised. It wasn't as if any of them actually tried to become friends with hme, have a reasonable conversation, get to know me in any way.

Aggressively showing physical interest to someone is not the same as falling for them.

and anyway, that was then, this is now! Any friend who shows interest is just that, a friend! I should be able to see that any feelings they may express for me aren't like those back then, and associating the two is stupid!

So, let what comes come, i'm moving onwards, and I refuse to stop!

#223261 - 05/08/08 02:02 PM Re: Dealing with that which frightens me. [Re: dark empathy]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Rock On!

I'm glad you've come to that place! Good for you!

#223267 - 05/08/08 03:04 PM Re: Dealing with that which frightens me. [Re: JustScott]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
YOU GO LUKE!!

#223763 - 05/11/08 07:03 PM Re: Dealing with that which frightens me. [Re: Freedom49]
feelingafraid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 5,471 FT above sea level

Edited by feelingafraid (11/24/08 06:36 PM)

#223842 - 05/12/08 08:36 AM Re: Dealing with that which frightens me. [Re: feelingafraid]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
thanks people. I'm glad to know i'm going in the right way.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.