Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63205 Topics
441960 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#222755 - 05/06/08 05:59 AM Unforgivness - Again
pietie Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi

I know that this is a touchy subject and that there has been endless discussions in this regard. I want to share something I just heard from Joyce Meyer.

She compares unforgivness and bitterness to a rocking chair. You are moving but you are not going anywhere. This is one of the best comparisons I have heard. i have found this to be so true in my own life. I dont think I will ever look at a rocking chair the same again.

Just wanted to share.

#222769 - 05/06/08 08:23 AM Re: Unforgivness - Again [Re: pietie]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Thanks Man! A good analogy!

Its interesting, I have not some to any declaration of "forgiveness," but have moved forward with healing while either "letting go" of THEM, or flat out ignoring THEM as factors in my life and my healing.

Though the perps are still elements of flashbacks and memories, I seem to have neutralized their significance.

So in MY humble oppinion, you can in fact move forward without declaration (inward or outward) of forgiveness.

I hope all is well with you. We miss seeing you around here, but do what you need to do to heal YOU!

Still's Globs

New Video

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.