Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
1 registered (Obi), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64186 Topics
447900 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#222529 - 05/04/08 09:23 PM Slump
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Ok I have been in kind of a slump. I have had lots of time on my hands lately and with therapy and the boards I got deep into my little phyche and dug around a bit. Found some rather smelly stuff that has been forgotten and rotting in corner or two. Posted the autopsy here and there and now I am kind of sick of forensics at the moment.

I have decided I need to back off a bit from my stuff. I always feel better when I am helping someone else through there stuff. My wife has agreed to work with me on some of our personal things and we have had some really honest talks that have helped.

If something comes up in me that I feel I need to take care of I will do that but I will not be opening anymore boxes for a while in my little mental attic.

Edited by Freedom49 (05/04/08 09:24 PM)

#222532 - 05/04/08 09:31 PM Re: Slump [Re: Freedom49]
Thomas J Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
sry i dunno what t say. but if u wanna talk i can do that. tj

#222533 - 05/04/08 09:34 PM Re: Slump [Re: Freedom49]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Roger,

You have indeed been hitting it hard. You're wise to try to slow it down a little and smell the roses. Certainly the mind needs a vacation from the smell in those corners. Just take care of you and if you stumble across something you want some help with, don't fail to give us a shout.

Lots of love,

John

#222536 - 05/04/08 10:25 PM Re: Slump [Re: WalkingSouth]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hey, Roger, friend. This stuff is a lot to deal with, and trying to do too much at once can just through you into overload. It will melt the emotions down and leave you in a puddle. Pacing yourself through this is really important, working on only as much as you feel you can at the moment. If you need to take occasional breaks from it (and I think that EVERYONE needs to take occasional breaks), then please do so and remember that you have a lot of friends here that will hear you and understand you.

#222552 - 05/04/08 11:57 PM Re: Slump [Re: EGL]
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Roger,

For the last few months, I have been reading all the great advice and insight you have shared with others. It's great to help other people but let us not forget about taking care of ourselves! It's good to see that you are able to give (and follow) some of that great advice yourself!

Brian

#222568 - 05/05/08 01:50 AM Re: Slump [Re: Freedom49]
jcf1957 Offline

Loc: North Of The 49th Parallel
Roger;
I've had the privilege of reading numerous post of yours, including a number of which you have added to mine. You are a valued friend and I always welcome your insight. I understand what you mean by taking a break from this site which can be emotionally draining at times. I hope you find some rest and peace and await your return. In fraternal love; Chris

Edited by jcf1957 (05/05/08 01:51 AM)

Today well lived...makes every tomorrow a vision of Hope.
Anonymous

#222579 - 05/05/08 05:29 AM Re: Slump [Re: Freedom49]
Hourglass52 Offline

Loc: New York
A counselor told me it is normal, and healthy to take recovery in steps. You are rite on track with this.

#222600 - 05/05/08 10:44 AM Re: Slump [Re: Hourglass52]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Roger,

You are such a helper and have such great wisdon for all your friends here at MS. It is so good of you to be here for all of us. Now you need to take care of you and your family. Take all the time you need. You are very a very important person. Your health and well being comes before your friends.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#222605 - 05/05/08 11:47 AM Re: Slump [Re: KENKEN]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

(((((Roger)))))

I love you Roger!

I've learned as well that too many open boxes = too much to deal with = overwhelming feelings and emotions.

Definitely step back and take your time as you need to. Helping others feels good for me too. I find myself going back and forth in my modes. I'll be in help everyone else mode for awhile and then shift into focusing on myself and my own issues for awhile. I think those breaks in dealing with our own issues is needed, and during those breaks we can take what we learned from ourselves and help others along.

Take whatever time you need. I'm here for you anytime you need a shoulder.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.