Newest Members
TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo, Laurie
12485 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
era1 (31), GregoryP (50), GregoryParcell (50), junior (54), KDW78 (36), nansogre (48)
Who's Online
5 registered (Banjo596, 4 invisible), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12485 Members
74 Forums
64147 Topics
447571 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#222271 - 05/03/08 08:52 AM Backing off from MS to live life
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I have some good news and some sad news. The good news is that my Doctors believe it is time for me to move on from the recovery stage and move forward with my life. Both my psychiatrist and therapist believe it is time to move on and focus on my life today and to learn the things I need to enjoy my life today. To make friends in real life to be part of life. The recovery process for me has been about 25 years mostly battling alcohol & drugs , 4 1/2 intense work on the alcohol, 3 years with my therapist on the CSA/CULT abuse.

I can't live in recovery anymore I have to live life. I do have some friends and family that I have neglected for too long and I need to be part of their lives.

I have been waiting years for this opportunity to be part of life again and they are going to do their best to help me make the most of it and learn to be part of it.

I was going to just walk away from here but I can't do that. I have grown to love the people and support I have found here, I have made new friends and I can't just walk away from them. I will stop in to check my messages but I will not be as active in the forums, I will post on things I think that are helpful for me and others.

Thank you for all your support, posts, and the healing circles. You have all helped me work through so many things I never knew were there until your posts brought them out. You have helped me remove the walls of my prison so that I may move out of my cell into the real world. Thank you all for this most valuable learning experience in my journey. I know the truth now and I am worthy of love esp. the love I have for myself. May you find this too. Self love changes everything and helps make recovery possible. at least it did for me.

I hope one day you will all make it to this point in your recovery.
I wish you all well on your journey
much love & light to you all
sincerely
Ricky

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

#222288 - 05/03/08 11:00 AM Re: Backing off from MS to live life [Re: GateKPR4]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ricky,

I can only wish you great things as you move into your future. It is so pleasing to see guys come to this point. You've been a fixture around here for a while now and while we don't like to see friends move away we surely do understand and are lined up here cheering you on.

Lots of love,

John

#222291 - 05/03/08 11:10 AM Re: Backing off from MS to live life [Re: WalkingSouth]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
Ricky,

This is GREAT news!!! Its like a graduation day! I think its great to see people graduate and move on. It HAS to happen bro! Go live that life. I hope I'm not too far behind you!

Its been great having you here. It will be even better knowing that you are out there living life!

#222304 - 05/03/08 01:47 PM Re: Backing off from MS to live life [Re: Still]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Ricky,

It is exciting to hear that you have reached this point. It was a pleasure getting to know you. I wish you all the best in your life and your future endevours.

Dan

#222338 - 05/03/08 08:43 PM Re: Backing off from MS to live life [Re: DanM]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Glad to hear things are looking good for you, Ricky. That's what it's all about - living a better life.

#222531 - 05/04/08 09:31 PM Re: Backing off from MS to live life [Re: EGL]
Pete2004 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina
Ricky:

Glad to hear that the next pase of healing is at hand! You are always welcome here. You have made a lot of friends here who are cheering for you and wish you well. If you need some connect sometimes, just stop by.

Remeber, a large part of this healing process is learning to be good to ourselves,

Later Dude,

Peter AKA Charlie2004

comes back into our own. (Edwin Markham)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.