Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
5 registered (watzupwitu, Lumpy, 3 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63580 Topics
444201 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#222452 - 05/04/08 01:02 PM Question of Ongoing Recovery
Darren Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The High Seas
I've grieved, and grieved a lot for the little boy who was molested. I've been angry at my brother... so angry I could throttle him, I could even murder him! In the last year I've come to know some peace on this issue. I feel I've done a lot of healing already. Is it true, though? He did an awful thing, but he didn't KEEP doing it... an error of judgment? Did he stop because he knew it was wrong? Yes, it was terrible... yes, he took away my innocense, but I want to get on with my life now. I don't want to dwell on this anymore. Am I fooling myself? Am I telling myself these things because I don't want to do the hard work of therapy?

#222456 - 05/04/08 01:28 PM Re: Question of Ongoing Recovery [Re: Darren]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Only you know when is enough. If your just beating a dead horse and think you have dealt with the issue and feel you can move on and live a reasonably happy life then I see no reason not to. Many people have worked through their issues and gone on with their life. I know people who have recovered from addictions such as cocaine without help or therapy. They live good lives. Its all about choice Darren. You can choose to rehash what you feel you have already resolved or you can choose to move on. If you find that there is more work to be done then you can always make the choice of therapy to work on those things that are unresolved. No shame in that. This is a freedom we get from recovery, we get to make choices \:\)

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

#222473 - 05/04/08 02:17 PM Re: Question of Ongoing Recovery [Re: GateKPR4]
Darren Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The High Seas
Thanks for your reply. What you say makes a world of sense. Especially the part about making choices. You're right, only I know when enough is enough, and I get to make that choice. I guess I needed some reassurance in this area. Thanks!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.