Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64020 Topics
446788 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#222350 - 05/03/08 09:20 PM i can't find the right picture
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
i think i've torn apart every photo album i have of when i was growing up. i'm looking for a picture. one picture. ANY one picture that shows me anything but happy.

know what? doesn't exist. every photo i can find shows this happy little kid having a good time. there is no indication of my sister's cruelty - my brother's meannesss - or my parent's total oblivion to everything.

one big happy family.

maybe it only exists in my head. maybe i'm so totally crazed, insane, stupid, inept, whatEVER that it's all in my head and nothing ever happened. all the pain. all the torture. all the fear. all made up.

my body SCREAMS "no" - it happened. all of it. and more.

and now? now i am a fine, strong, upstanding successful businessman who takes care of his family, provides financial security. loved and respected in his church.

and no one even knows me.

my life is just as phony as those pictures.

#222353 - 05/03/08 09:24 PM Re: i can't find the right picture [Re: MarkK]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Mark, I think it's amazing at times looking at family pictures where so much of what we see is a facade, hiding what's really just underneath. Plastic smiles, forced happiness, etc. I have a lot of pictures like that as well, but looking at them I really do KNOW what was lurking just underneath the surface.

#222357 - 05/03/08 09:31 PM Re: i can't find the right picture [Re: EGL]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
and now? the facade hasn't changed. except it's not my parents using it - or my brother or sister. it's me. i'm the one trapped behind the fake front. captive in the phoniness. lost in the delusion of a real existence.

there is no joy in mudville. mighty casey has struck out.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.