Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
5 registered (Going forward, VASurvivor, crabbott, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63397 Topics
443261 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#222074 - 05/02/08 12:26 AM Re: Flag for PMs.... [Re: Still]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

#222084 - 05/02/08 04:12 AM Re: Flag for PMs.... [Re: WalkingSouth]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Firefox is, in my personal & professional opinion, a superior product to that of Microsoft's Internet Exploder.

Where there is one thing that Firefox won't do correctly, there are ten things that Internet Exploder won't do correctly.

I once was an IE junkie. Didn't think I needed anything better. Up until an update of IE Version 6, Microsoft peeled itself away as the W3C's leading compatibility partner into a ringer with Nutscrape. Bad move Microsoft. IE7 was a feeble attempt at keeping up with what other popular browsers were doing.

Firefox now owns a healthy 37% of the browser market share (see citation).

IE5, 6 and 7 combined still lead the way with just a smidge over 53% market share -- but we must remember, that also accounts for all those old grannies and grandpas who have a shiny Windows XP or Windows Vista computer and would never even think to 'upgrade' their web browser, or consider even what a web browser actually is.

Also consider this minor pain in the ass -- Internet Explorer 6 is still hanging on to 30.1% of the market share. This is frustrating as a web developer because of IE6's poor PNG-24 support in which the major problem is a lack of alpha transparency -- a technology that many of today's graphics are being built on.

Never the less all browser competition aside, when you have new messages, the flashing flag is shown. After you've gone in to read your messages, but perhaps have left one 'till later, the 'space' John referred to is there, but without the flashing 'new message' indicator. I don't believe it's an error as much as a misconfiguration of sorts in which perhaps an image is missing or something.

At least thats my best educated guess. \:\)

~Bri

#222098 - 05/02/08 07:43 AM Re: Flag for PMs.... [Re: frost]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Ya ever notice that anyone who designs web pages hates IE? God knows that I do! When I finally got into the true power of style sheets.... Holy Crudola Batman! I dumped IE in a real hurry! And if my site isn't fully compatible with MS's poor excuse sheet compatibility, well tough nuggets! Real computers Avoid MS. Although I do has an MS OS, it's more because the games I play don't run on other things :-( IF they did, I would dump the OS and go with something like say.... Ubuntu!!!!!

Yes, I too look for that wider space. It's easy to see once you know what yer lookin fer.

#222137 - 05/02/08 12:38 PM Re: Flag for PMs.... [Re: JustScott]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

Not biased towards one system are we Scott. \:D

About Ubuntu
Ubuntu is a community developed, Linux-based operating system that is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers. It contains all the applications you need - a web browser, presentation, document and spreadsheet software, instant messaging and much more.

Ben

#222156 - 05/02/08 02:29 PM Re: Flag for PMs.... [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Yes, I love Ubuntu. I have the install package for it, and even have a completely free hard drive to get it setup, I just haven't gotten around to installing it yet.

NO, No bias here.... never.... I'm wouldn't biased. Honest. ;-)

#222158 - 05/02/08 02:35 PM Re: Flag for PMs.... [Re: JustScott]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
Ben

Is that a piece of toast strapped to a cat in WalkingSouth's picture posted above?

lol

C

#222160 - 05/02/08 02:39 PM Re: Flag for PMs.... [Re: ineffable]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

oh god give ineffable his meds please somebody.... \:\) \:D

#222163 - 05/02/08 02:55 PM Re: Flag for PMs.... [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I got a few cigars to share if you want some more "natural" meds! ;-)

#222166 - 05/02/08 03:01 PM Re: Flag for PMs.... [Re: JustScott]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

Cigars, mmmmmmmm ive got some around somewere the only problem is that i smoke them the same as ciggarets. Not good for the lungs.

Ben

#222169 - 05/02/08 03:05 PM Re: Flag for PMs.... [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Aye, that's how I've been smoking them. Nice deep inhale. Wow. Hands all tingly now! Course, cigarettes aren't good for the lungs either!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.