Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
6 registered (BraveFalcon, giant251, unhappycamper, 3 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63646 Topics
444500 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#222072 - 05/01/08 11:42 PM Dreams (is my thinking right?)
HurtinginMD Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cranston, RI
ok last night i had two weird dreams...
The first one i was back home and trying to move back into the cottage that shelley and I lived in before we came to the DC area. The only prob was that when we got there the place was all locked up and i couldn't get in. I started walking through the city trying to remember the way to get to the landlords house so that i could get the key to get in.

The second dream was that i was at my current job and my boss was leaving and my friends father was coming in as the new boss. We had a party to say goodbye to my boss and to welcome the new boss. But my boss wasn't letting go he was still trying to call the shots as if he wasn't leaving.. and the new boss wasn't stepping up and taking control and giving any directions. He was very Laissez-faire about the whole thing. It was frustrating because i was running around trying to figure out what was happening and what i was supposed to do,

Now if my thinking is right then the first dream is probably reflective of me trying to unlock the full mems of the past but not having full success and searching for answers that haven't materialized yet.

And i think the second one is me feeling stuck in a rut right now...can't move forward and can't go back.

What do you guys think? Im interested to hear different opinions.

thanks
Derek (HurtingInMD)

#222076 - 05/02/08 12:50 AM Re: Dreams (is my thinking right?) [Re: HurtinginMD]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Derek,
Just off hand I would say you have it pretty nailed on the first one.
On the second one too pretty much. Your old boss is the way you have been dealing with the situation of your abuse in the past. You are reluctant to let go and face what you might (or know), what you will find out and have to start dealing with as you recover and heal. Always anziety ridden. The new boss fella is you. and your not happy with your progress but you know that is actually up to you.

#222100 - 05/02/08 07:56 AM Re: Dreams (is my thinking right?) [Re: Freedom49]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Hmmm, maybe the cabin is your old life trying to hold on for all its worth. Maybe you can't get in because you're comfortable living outside (of the house) of recovery. Maybe in your other dream, the old life, represented by your boss, doesn't want you to go and face something new and scary. They try to play it off as nothing to keep control because maybe it seems more normal then?

Just my interpretation. LOL *shrug* \:\)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.