Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
2 registered (pattom, CheerfulJohn), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443287 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#221871 - 05/01/08 07:55 AM Re: Am I making a mistake? [Re: VLinvictus]
Cain Offline
New Here

Loc: Nebraska
What I learned through dealing with a lot of my issues is that I need to make myself happy before making others happy. I also learned that the relationships I chose were a reflection of abuse and neglect that I experienced as a child, and once I realized that I couldn't fix that by dating men like my father and my abuser, finding a way to make things right in the present - things that went wrong in the past.I'd not go and figure out a way to move on instead. Your cruise shold be happy for you and something that yuou want and will enjoy. It soen't sound liek you'd really have a good time. You also seem to know that this isn't the right thing to do. Give yourself permission to say no. His happiness is not your responsibility.

#221917 - 05/01/08 10:58 AM Re: Am I making a mistake? [Re: Cain]
VLinvictus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Thank you all for the responses. I admit this really is tough.

When I had the idea for a trip as his birthday gift, I knew our relationship was practically non-existant and had no future. Still, I like him and thought he deserved something special for his milestone birthday.

Things are rough now but progress is being made and there's still a lot of time left for further discussion. I am confident that this trip -- as an escape from all the stress and hell of home and work -- will be an opportunity for a new beginning, to enjoy each other's company (if we want to) in a new way.

There are worse things than a cruise to Bermuda...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.