Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443045 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#22198 - 10/14/03 09:20 PM Re: Flashbacks during sex... feeling terrified.
survive75 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Hey all, thanks as always for making me feel a little less alone in all of this.

Just to clarify, the flashbacks for me are just the brief memories I have and some of the memories I recovered in therapy. While tough enough to deal with on their own, they double in intensity when brought on during sex. And when I couldn't force them away, I just went into panic mode with my g/f. I didn't want her to touch me after a while, especially when I couldn't escape into my tried-and-true fantasies. (No one was really off-topic here with the fantasy stuff... the guilt of using these violent scenarios plagues me every time I use them and your posts did help.) My guilt is not that I have the fantasies but more THAT I NEED THEM. If they were just an option, that would be one thing. But that my body refuses to let go without them... just frustrating. And yes, the subject matter disturbs me (why I need such violent scenes just to escape from my body.)

Things are a bit better today. The memories will not leave my mind... floating in and out last night in bed and today at work. My therapist used to say I need to thank my subconscious when it hands me things free of charge. Gee, thanks. \:\)

-Sean

"Even though I know/I donít want to know/Yeah I guess I know/I just hate how it sounds"

#22199 - 10/14/03 09:45 PM Re: Flashbacks during sex... feeling terrified.
Little_E Offline
Member & Volunteer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: London UK
Hay dude, your not alone, Sex, brings up alot of emotions and Flashbacks for me to. And tryig to hide them us just the srart.

DISTUBED VISIONS OF AN UNDERWORLD!!

#22200 - 10/15/03 02:35 AM Re: Flashbacks during sex... feeling terrified.
ARW Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: LA
Flashbacks and fantasies. Have the former, never found any of the latter to do me any good. I wish they did. I just keep imagining the flashes of violation when I'm in an intimate situation and I shut down. Only booze would get me past it, and I quit drinking. Ugh. Reminds me of the Richard Thompson song "When will I ever be simple again?"

When indeed. Good advice here in this post. As ever.

The mind-forged manacles I hear.
-William Blake

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.