Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
6 registered (Cthulhu, Bardo, Nothing Man, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12487 Members
74 Forums
64150 Topics
447619 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#230420 - 06/11/08 08:13 PM Re: I hope no one takes offense... [Re: Trucker51]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Mark,

Geez. 8 and a half years is an eternity when you're trying to get clear of this stuff. Well done! What helps me a lot is to think that if I slip I not only put myself in great danger, I also have to restart the clock from zero - and I do NOT want to do that!

Another trick: Think of the skankiest hoe you ever saw, and then link drugs to that image. That is, when you get "the voice" calling to you, that image is the one that comes to your mind. I swear! It really works! lol

Wow ... have we hijacked this thread or what? Sorry!

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#230422 - 06/11/08 08:18 PM Re: I hope no one takes offense... [Re: roadrunner]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Originally Posted By: roadrunner
Mark,

Geez. 8 and a half years is an eternity when you're trying to get clear of this stuff. Well done! What helps me a lot is to think that if I slip I not only put myself in great danger, I also have to restart the clock from zero - and I do NOT want to do that!

Another trick: Think of the skankiest hoe you ever saw, and then link drugs to that image. That is, when you get "the voice" calling to you, that image is the one that comes to your mind. I swear! It really works! lol

Wow ... have we hijacked this thread or what? Sorry!

Much love,
Larry

Thanks for that, Larry. That helps me in some other areas I need to work on. \:\)

#230470 - 06/12/08 12:01 AM Re: I hope no one takes offense... [Re: EGL]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Guys:

It started with just a couple of puffs of weed, then progressed to hard drugs, skanky women, unsavory characters, even drug overdoses, and then to the lifelong after-effects of a long addiction. Isn't that what they tried to tell us back in the 60s and 70s?

And we didn't believe them then. Don't just take my word for it. After all, Larry has been there too.

Recovery is possible. And a lot more is possible when you are off of illegal drugs.

TM

#231969 - 06/19/08 07:48 PM Re: I hope no one takes offense... [Re: Trucker51]
dancr6 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: georgia
Some of us tasted the waters without trying to swallow the lake.

My experience with "weed" was not a precursor to anything else and it was a brief and benificial time. I am not able to give horror stories about it. Nothing is for everyone and harsh consequences aren't experienced by all. I'm sorry for those of you who had bad experiences but I just cant share in bashing what is helpful to at least a few of us. I no longer use it but it was good for me for the brief time I did. That doesn't mean I am an advocate but harsh criticism is not what I would advocate either.

#232125 - 06/20/08 09:03 AM Re: I hope no one takes offense... [Re: dancr6]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Dan,

I hope you don't see my comments as harsh criticism of you personally. I'm glad it all worked out for you. No problem there, and when my own kids experimented I watched carefully but didn't get into any judgments against them.

I personally don't think of smoking weed as, in itself, a harmful thing to do and I myself don't have any horror stories about it either. My point was just that for a kid who's desperately hurting and emotionally vulnerable this can become the entry point into a world he absolutely cannot handle. But yes, of course you're right - most don't go that far. I was just speaking from the perspective of one who did.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#232244 - 06/20/08 04:58 PM Re: I hope no one takes offense... [Re: roadrunner]
dancr6 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: georgia
Larry, thank you for correcting my interpretation. It took a lot for me to disagree but since my experience was so different I wanted to contrast where I thought the conversation was going. I did feel that it was going in a harsh direction and was glad to read your explanation.

#232272 - 06/20/08 08:22 PM Re: I hope no one takes offense... [Re: dancr6]
arronb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Perth

#232364 - 06/21/08 09:19 AM Re: I hope no one takes offense... [Re: dancr6]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Dan,

Originally Posted By: dancr6
It took a lot for me to disagree but since my experience was so different I wanted to contrast where I thought the conversation was going. I did feel that it was going in a harsh direction and was glad to read your explanation.

I'm glad you spoke up, my friend. You felt you weren't being heard, or not being heard correctly, so commenting to say so was something you needed to do.

As survivors we often find it difficult to do that - I know I struggled with that for a long time. But you did it, that alerted me to the possibility that we were "ships passing in the night", as it were, and now things are cleared up. \:\)

The possibilities for getting wires crossed on the Net are very high, I think. After all, we just see words on a screen and sometimes it's hard to put the right emphasis in what one says, or to see that emphasis in the way the other guy intended.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#232365 - 06/21/08 09:22 AM Re: I hope no one takes offense... [Re: roadrunner]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Arron,

Very nice!!! \:\) Am I correct in remembering that there's also a song asking if God reads Rolling Stone?

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#236229 - 07/06/08 12:14 AM Re: I hope no one takes offense... [Re: roadrunner]
hogan_dawg Offline

Corbin - thanks for your confession and all that - the real issue is: Do you share?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ok it wasn't very funny.

I think smoking pot is fine. If anxiety is an issue, and depression, my suggestion is that you grow your own.
I say grow it also because the street strains are often sprinkled and you don't want that shit, dealers carry guns, HG is cheaper, better, more reliabile and consistent in terms of the effects on anxiety. The paradox has already been mentioned by one of the guys on this thread, but it's worth repeating: If you grow, your anxiety will also grow. You'll fear the PowLice busting down your door and hauling your ass to the PowLice station wearing your PJs and a T shirt like on the TV show 'Cops'. Bad scene. Thing is, street stuff costs a lot, and that causes anxt too. Your call.

Maybe consider SATIVEX or an equivalent legal alternative.

Now where was I? Oh yeah, ha ha ha ha ha heh heh heh

Best, Dawg

Edited by hogan_dawg (07/06/08 12:33 AM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.