Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
6 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, finallyhere, Obi, MrEdd, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443143 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#22143 - 10/13/03 10:03 AM Retreat
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
Hello, My name is Marc, aka, Orodo, (Tel_orod in chat) and I have just returned from the MS sponsored retreat for Survivors of Clergy Abuse held at Angel's Rest in Leyden MA. The experience has moved me from a place that I could not have imagined ever leaving. I left a great deal of "baggage" there, and guess what? It's never coming back to me! The retreat was the most incredible experience I have ever had. And it was all because of the Team at Male Survivor, and financial support from the membership, that this healing event was held. I would encourage all to attend a retreat when possible, and support Male Survivor financially and otherwise to enable MS to continue with the healing work of retreats, discussion boards, chat rooms, advocacy, all of it, you all know it. Male Survivor helped me through the most difficult 18 months of my life, and this retreat I have just completed brought this period to a closure. I have other issues yet to work out, however now I can work on those with my full strength and power, without the distraction of multiple issues at once. I don't know what else to say, please help MS to help all be healed from the effects of the SA.

Marc Lamontagne

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#22144 - 10/13/03 06:51 PM Re: Retreat
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Marc,

"Well said."

More of us have to speak up about the attributes of this site, because of this site.
My life has changed......and, believe it or not, for the better. I will not raise my voice to my loved ones any more. I will try to only offer encouragement and love to them.
All of this has been a direct result of coming here, of listening to you guys, of heeding your stories, of incorporating your suggestions into my life.
Thank you, all of you, and thank you, Marc, for raising the bar on what we can do, "with a little help from our friends."

David

#22145 - 10/19/03 12:41 AM Re: Retreat
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Marc,

Well said!! i am so glad you are moving forward in your life. The retreats and the retreat team are truly gifts for all survivors. To those who have never attended a retreat, just let me tell you it is worth whatever you nned to do that is safe for you to get there. You will truly count the retreat as a turning point in your life.

Marc, thank you for starting this thread and keep moving on and mastering the dragons.

Ken

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.