Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63189 Topics
441845 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#221477 - 04/29/08 03:38 PM Re: What concerts rocked your world? [Re: mogigo]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
My sister-in-law does a Janis Joplin tribute show, she's awesome, she's got the raspy voice. Love it you saw her for real.

#221494 - 04/29/08 04:12 PM Re: What concerts rocked your world? [Re: mogigo]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
Great to see all yer faves
Keep 'em coming

Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies tour
Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy tour
T Rex - Electric Warrior tour
Yes - Close to the Edge tour
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here tour
Supertramp with Donovan opening - Even in the Quietest Moments tour
Bob Marley - Babylon By Bus tour
Patti Smith - Horses tour

more to come

C

#221499 - 04/29/08 04:24 PM Re: What concerts rocked your world? [Re: mogigo]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
There have been a few concerts/performances that I have seen that have really stuck with meover my 51 years.

#1 - Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Sept. 9, 1975, Auditorium, Born to Run tour. I think this must have been what it was like for people to see Elvis for the first time. It changed rock and roll for me. We had 5th row seats off the center aisle...he jumped out in the crowd and stood on my seat playing Born to Run...his energy is amazing..not to mention being pretty cool.

#2 - Muddy Waters, April 4 , 1980, Kingston Mines. I worked with Muddy Water's daughter...Cookie and she invited me to his 65th birthday party. The bar was closed to the public and his band, along with junior Wells, Buddy Guy and James Cotton partied and played all night..

#3 - Journey, May 21-24, 1982, Rosemont Horizon. My sister in-law dated/lived with someone from the band and we spent 4 unbelievable days and nights watching the band perform at their peak. Also showed me how the music buiness is all sex, drugs and money!!

Long live rock! and never trust anyone over 30...:)

#221510 - 04/29/08 05:27 PM Re: What concerts rocked your world? [Re: DanM]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
You promise not to laugh?

I never once went to a "concert", except for back in 1993, I saw the Butthole Surfurs and Stoned Temple Pilots at Val Du Lakes in MI. It was an outdoor concert, and pretty cool. Lot's of acid going around. The lead singer for the Surfers had a big upturned gong filled with buring gasoline, and every time the drums came down, he would splash some of the burning gasoline around, pretty crazy and intense. He also fired a shotgun in the air during crescendos in a couple songs. Pretty cool what you can do at an outside venue.

BUT, what I wanted to say is that the BEST times I REALLY had were the Garage Band Shows that we went to in High School. We would see hard-core Punk bands with names like "Naked Raygun" and "Born Without a Face" and "Agent Orange" etc. They would rent out a township hall (since abandoned) and it was CRAZY. All of the kids (like me) were on acid and drinking, and all of the adults just did the drugs.

They hired this HUGE lesbian for a doorman, and no one could get into this rented hall without a stamp. One night, the parents of a 16yo girl came to the hall to get their daughter, she was in trouble with them for whatever reason, and HUGE woman that might be mistaken for a man told them "you aint getting in here without a stamp, 5 bucks each". LOL Yes, they paid it, and found their daughter, but it was funny. hehe

Nothing is more fun to me than listening to hard-core punk-rock garage bands.

#221512 - 04/29/08 05:54 PM Re: What concerts rocked your world? [Re: Hauser]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Larry, I can tell by your concert attendance that you were out on the West Coast for a length of time. Many of those bands that you mentioned never made it over to this side of the country.

#221528 - 04/29/08 07:00 PM Re: What concerts rocked your world? [Re: roadrunner]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

john mayo-moody blues----steve miller--------grand funk railroad--------------ten years after----------bob dylan----------the band------------------steppin wolf--------------and some i dont even recall--------------due to the state of my mind

#221540 - 04/29/08 07:44 PM Re: What concerts rocked your world? [Re: sabata]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ten Years After...Alvin Lee...that was a good concert too!

#221549 - 04/29/08 08:12 PM Re: What concerts rocked your world? [Re: DanM]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
Devo - Are We Not Men? + Duty Now for the Future tours
B-52's - Wild Planet tour
Talking Heads- More Songs About + Stop Making Sense + Speaking in Tongues tours
U2 - War + Joshua Tree + Achtung Baby + Zooropa tours
Elvis Costello - Armed forces tour
Blondie - Parallel Lines tour
Bow Wow Wow - When the Going Gets Tough tour
The Cure - Head on the Door tour

still more to follow

#221574 - 04/29/08 09:23 PM Re: What concerts rocked your world? [Re: Hauser]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted By: Hauser
Larry, I can tell by your concert attendance that you were out on the West Coast for a length of time. Many of those bands that you mentioned never made it over to this side of the country.

Yep, in San Francisco for awhile. I haunted the Fillmore and the Avalon lol.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#221591 - 04/29/08 09:49 PM Re: What concerts rocked your world? [Re: roadrunner]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

So,were you there at the time of Santana,Journey and Jefferson Airplane?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.