Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
3 registered (PhoenixRising, 2 invisible), 9 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63563 Topics
444102 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#221243 - 04/28/08 10:55 PM PTSD / Krav Maga / Uncertainty
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts

I have been taking a specialized training course in martial arts called "Krav Maga" ...( in-close hand-to-hand-combat desinged and developed from the israeli special forces) and i'm really getting alot out of it, it's very intense and looking forward to my next class however being diagnosed with PTSD ( although the last class was 1-1 with my instructor) i have major issues with crowds and the next class will be with 25 more people for the next 6 weeks therefore i am not sure if i want to go back as a result of fear and apprehension.

I don't want my anxiety and trust issues to effect my choices and outlook on what i enjoy in life yet with ADHD i have a hard time with my ability to focus i'm not sure what to do, i could be possibly looking for an excuse to back out of the class , who knows.

Does this make sense..??

Anyone ever find themselves in similiar situations..??

I have a HUGE issue with being touched afterall it's self -defense which requires grappling .....i dont want to freak out as i have a few times in the past in other areas of my life, does anyone have any suggestions.

I thought about talking with my instructor and asking him if it's possible to continue 1-1 or work something out otherwise i'm not going to waste my time not to metnon his time as well.

Coop

#221248 - 04/28/08 11:00 PM Re: PTSD / Krav Maga / Uncertainty [Re: thecoopstah]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Hi again Coop

Well, even if you DID freak out, the people in that class should KNOW that it is a full contact sport. I kind of like how they train for it, from what I know, they stress full force contact (with padded protection of course). It sounds like a good way to vent out some anger to me.

Just do it Coop, see what happens.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.