Newest Members
J44, Anura, reynel5, smc1972, Moi
12418 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12418 Members
74 Forums
63764 Topics
445306 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#221205 - 04/28/08 07:41 PM Good luck, MemoryVault!
VLinvictus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I just wanted to start a thread of best wishes and support for David (MemoryVault) as he prepares to charge bravely into the valley of the shadow death tomorrow for a week's "vacation" with his family in Scottsdale, AZ.

Stay strong, my friend. You're an adult and you're your own independent person with your own life and your own feelings. You do not need to get involved in any drama or angst if you don't want to. Your families feelings are not your fault and their crises and rivalries are not your responsibility. You will get through this. It won't be easy and it probably won't be perfect, but you'll pass through the crucible and be stronger for it.

Never forget that there are many people here and in the real world who love you and support you -- don't hesitate to reach out when you need it. We'll be thinking of you.

Bon voyage!

#221219 - 04/28/08 08:29 PM Re: Good luck, MemoryVault! [Re: VLinvictus]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Hey good luck David and I echo what VL says. Don't be intimidated by family. I know when I was around family I had a tendancy to feel like a kid again. Don't do that. If you feel that coming on do something very grown up. Like being kind and courteous to family and strangers but not letting them push you aroud. hehe

Have fun David

#221258 - 04/28/08 11:12 PM Re: Good luck, MemoryVault! [Re: Freedom49]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Awww..thanks, guys. That made my night!!!

Yeah, I will regress, but I'll be back again.

I prepared a whole list of resolutions about family stuff I won't get pulled into, but I ended with:

My goals are to get some rest, some reading, some pleasant chit-chat, some exercise, and fulfill my family obligations for a while. I will solve nobody's problems, and resolve none of my own, in Scottsdale.

Thanks for being there. See you in a week!

David

#221317 - 04/29/08 05:18 AM Re: Good luck, MemoryVault! [Re: MemoryVault]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

David--------Have fun -----------make this the best for you-------------------Steve

#221580 - 04/29/08 09:31 PM Re: Good luck, MemoryVault! [Re: sabata]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
David,

Just make the best of it and know we're all with you in spirit.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.