Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
7 registered (Dave PNW, Aptrick, BobdaFarmer61, Hopein14, 3 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63569 Topics
444141 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#221032 - 04/28/08 08:52 AM Daytime Emmy? Oscar? Lifetime Achievement Aware???
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I think I deserve an acting award!!!

I just had my yearly evaluation at work, and it was fantastic. Should get me a decent and hopefully hefty raise, hopefully one that'll let me keep getting enough gas to get to work.

So, here's the line from my review that had even my wife wondering who the heck my boss was talking about, because it certainly can't be me - It's in the section on communication:
"Scott is a great listener and is fully present when he is talking with you."

WOW!!! I should be getting an award! That's is absolutely awesome. It's hilarious! Me? Present! HA! This is great, I'm smiling big time as I type this. I can't tell you the number of times I come out of a meeting with a few notes, but wondering what the heck we talked about and wondering if I'm supposed to be doing any follow-up. Heck there are times I know I'm supposed to be doing something but I'm really not sure what. I was always taught to make eye contact when talking to someone. Guess that's all you need to do to convince someone you're paying attention. I make eye contact when I'm talking, even when it's uncomfortable as all hell, but that doesn't mean my mind isn't 5 million miles away in some fantasy universe!!!

Maybe I should move to CA and see if I can get a job in Hollywood!!!! Hmmm maybe move to Vancouver and see if they need an actor in the last season of BSG!!! Probably a little late to be in that series. Ah well.

#221039 - 04/28/08 09:21 AM Re: Daytime Emmy? Oscar? Lifetime Achievement Aware??? [Re: JustScott]
arronb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Perth
Hi Scott

Congratulations on an excellent evaluation \:\)

I hope it gets you the rewards you deserve.

I am always amazed when I see my work evaluations,
they surely aren't written about me LOL

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.