Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12487 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447618 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#223924 - 05/12/08 04:39 PM Re: If.............. [Re: dking777]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
DKing, I like many of the thoughts you have expressed in this thread. I think for me, the essence of spirituality is love. I tend to think that's really what Jesus taught....but you can't use love as a tool of power and control...fear and hatred works better for that. So the real message of Jesus got lost in a lot of other stuff concocted by the religious institutions to manipulate large numbers of people through fear and hatred.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not characterizing all religion as fear and hatred, but you gotta admit that a lot of the religion we see has it's share of it. I think if there was anything to call an "anti-Christ" it would be the ideologies of fear and hatred that pass for religion for many people.

#223955 - 05/12/08 09:14 PM Re: If.............. [Re: blueshift]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: blueshift
I think if there was anything to call an "anti-Christ" it would be the ideologies of fear and hatred that pass for religion for many people.

Well said, Blueshift!

Actually as I read the Biblical accounts of the "Anti-Christ" it seems to indicate exactly that, at least to me.

#228559 - 06/02/08 06:33 PM Re: If.............. [Re: AndyJB2005]
ktaylor7 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South Carolina
Guy's
Here is the real deal. If Christ came back tomorrow, I would simply embrace his love. If he asked me why I should be allowed in heaven, I would tell him, "because he promised me when he died on the cross, that if I had faith and believed in Him, that all my sins past present and future would be forgiven. I would accept his promise to spend eternity in heaven with Him. I can not do enough good works to get into heaven. It is only by faith through Grace that I can go to heaven. You can too! Just believe by faith that Jesus Christ died for all of yours and my sins past, present, and future. Believe that he rose from the dead three days later and that he now sits at the right hand of God. It is all about faith and grace. I would be happy to talk with anyone who wants to know more.

#228808 - 06/03/08 09:04 PM Re: If.............. [Re: dking777]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Dking, as i read this question I admit I have a little grin on my face. I guess a lot of people don't think this way, but truly, Christ is already here. He left for a bit, but he came back in the form of the Holy Spirit. We all have access to him at any time.

Will he come again in human form? That remains to be seen. There is no doubt however, that he is already here helping us bear our burdens as we trudge along the paths of our bittersweet destinies. He is truly present, in our hearts, in the hearts of our neighbors, our enemies and even our perpetrators. Will we allow him to be realized in our lives? That depends on a lot of variables, but he can be here for us to the extent that we welcome him.

'Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be your name; Your kingdom come, Your will be done IN US as it is in heaven'

I hope and pray that more and more people will begin to realize that God is truly 'emmanuel' (God among us), already here and sharing his love and his powerful existance with us, desiring so deeply that we permit him complete intimacy with us that we can be with and in him to rise with him above our own manufactured earthly designs.

I am truly glad Christ is already present with us, because if he were not, I would be in deep despair.

What a gift he is!

ron

#228870 - 06/04/08 03:52 AM Re: If.............. [Re: ktaylor7]
dking777 Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: ktaylor7
You can too! Just believe by faith that Jesus Christ died for all of yours and my sins past, present, and future. Believe that he rose from the dead three days later and that he now sits at the right hand of God. It is all about faith and grace. I would be happy to talk with anyone who wants to know more.

I am curious what others may think about this.

Edited by dking777 (10/25/09 12:31 AM)

Bittersweet Symphony

#228902 - 06/04/08 08:58 AM Re: If.............. [Re: dking777]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
denial, they say, is a river in Egypt. i have seen pedophiles interviewed before, and you can tell by their demeanor that they have absolved themselves of any wrongdoing. the pain of quilt is just too great to bear, and in their sick minds, had not yet come to terms with the ramifications of their act[s] of psychic murder. only god knows what's inside of them.

ron

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.