Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63427 Topics
443416 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#220885 - 04/27/08 01:16 PM Re: They watched [Re: Hauser]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for all the responses, Guys.

My mind of course was telling me all these things you said are true, but Little John would have none of it. He was suddenly very hurt that mom and dad couldn't even protect him from the "obvious" when so much worse had been going on for so many years already. It led him to believe even more in his guilt and complicity in the abuse as though he really did deserve it.

Your responses have served to help him know and feel secure in the fact that it was not his fault and that he no longer needed to feel dirty and humiliated. It also reinforced in his mind that his folks were indeed quite ignorant in the ways of sexual abuse, grooming, all the rest. I remember they thought it was cute and smiled, even chuckled. Little John knew what it was because he'd been around it for 5 years already. They, on the other hand were ignorant of the issues and blind to what was really happening.

Unfortunately Little John was wiser than his parents in this situation yet he had no tools with which to work that could make any difference in his situation whatsoever, and he knew it. It hurts to say that, but they were and he did.

Love you guys,

John

#221000 - 04/28/08 02:12 AM Re: They watched [Re: WalkingSouth]
endlessjourney Offline

Loc: Cincinnati Ohio
It sounds like little John's smarts protected him from more abuse despite his mommy and daddy's ignorance. Little John was a smart and strong little guy and still is. Little John did what he had to do to survive. One could only be proud of a guy like that. I sure as hell am.

Much love,
Jason

Truth is the very reason we strive to live. It surrounds and resides within us. Accepting the truths we already know and seeking out those we do not is a direct path to inner balance and joy. For life is not a means to an end, but a journey. Life comes and goes but the truth will always live on.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.