Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63992 Topics
446668 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#220752 - 04/26/08 07:23 PM Re: What Is The Fair Punishment For A Rapist [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
jcf1957 Offline

Loc: North Of The 49th Parallel
How do you bring about a strong clear deterrent that will curb the number of rapes that happen every year with the statistics growing at an alarming rate. What significant frightful message can be doped into the minds of those sons of bitches who blatantly consider sexually assaulting a innocent victim ? Every two minutes in the U.S. and Canada a woman, child, or man gets raped.
...........................................................................................................................................................
Ken; I will agree with what you state up to a point. You still did not address my query above. I read with interest in South Africa where ("One Miliion ") people are raped every year. Let me reiterate this one more time "one million" people every year. The highest statistical occurrence of rape than any other place in the world. Where's the deterrent Ken ? This is pitifully out of hand to say the very least. Statistically; rapist's in prison ("cannot") be effectively rehabilitated, though very few in number actually are. Rape is the biggest crime problem that has virtually no remedy and even fewer resources to help protect any probable person from becoming a next target. Carrying a handgun, pepper spray, or a high powered stun-gun is no assured deterrent in stopping someone from being raped or gang raped. Letting our government's overburdened justice system remedy the problem is a complete laugh in any victims face. If any rape assailant decides they want to get their jolly from raping their next victim, who the hell is really going to stop them from raping their next target ?
The whole combined power of the G8 nations doesn't have the power or resources to stop rape from happening no matter how much education you instill in the public eye. It's the evolutionary mindset of the global populace that needs a strong reprimand to ward off stubborn, selfish, pride that exist in every human being. Aside from this philosophical paradox I am confounded as to what to think next. Meanwhile in the time frame it has taken me to write herein another fifty to hundred people in the U.S. and Canada have become victims to the torture of rape, most of whom are likely woman or children and even some who are men.
Inexplicably; there really is no remedy to rape not being a huge problem. In South Africa were rape-related HIV is of crisis proportion women are fighting back. Read http://www.feministmormonhousewives.org/?p=1105 and
http://dethroner.com/2007/04/10/rapex-adds-teeth-to-any-vagina

Edited by jcf1957 (04/26/08 07:57 PM)

Today well lived...makes every tomorrow a vision of Hope.
Anonymous

#220759 - 04/26/08 07:56 PM Re: What Is The Fair Punishment For A Rapist [Re: jcf1957]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Jcf,
I think you have brought up a good point and have gotten some feed back on your question. I know also that this is not a question that can be decided here nor should it be. This is a question for the courts. It will serve no purpose to debate it here in this emotionally charged website as we are neither legislators or judicials.

The focus should be on us and our healing and I can see no good coming from exploring this here any further. You will never get a statifactory answer here to this question and I think you know that so I would ask why are you continuing to push this subject here in this forum?

We all know it is bad and the punishment rarely fits the crime for this and all the other kinds of abuse. This has come up here many times in many forms and has been addressed more that adaquately from what I have read. In this forum it simply siphons off energy and resources from the healing that needs to take place in us. Bottom line, you point has been made.

#220762 - 04/26/08 08:40 PM Re: What Is The Fair Punishment For A Rapist [Re: Freedom49]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
The bottom line here is, as Ken has already said, that venting about how rapists should be castrated, killed, tortured, or whatever, is not helpful to our recovery.

No one is saying that abusers deserve a break; no one is saying that we aren't entitled to our anger. But the fact remains that hopping onto a bandwagon just to vent for the sake of venting serves no useful positive purpose.

Apart from that, it takes a lot of energy and other emotional resources to hate and rage. These are resources we need for the real work in front of us. And on top of that, when we get into rages we are in fact handing control of our thoughts and actions back to the abuser, and in some cases back to an image of the abuser that no longer exists. The majority of these losers are old, frail and afraid of us; they wonder what will happen to them if they are exposed and they wait for the pounding of the police on their door. They are nowhere as powerful now as they appeared to be when we were boys. In some cases they are dead, and still we rage at them - at a corpse pushing up grass somewhere. I mean ... hello?

For some guys, of course, it's important to locate the abuser and confront him. That's fine. But that process is a complicated one and full of pitfalls and issues that need to be prepared for in advance. Are any of those priorities addressed by speculation on whether rapists/abusers should be castrated or just shot? I don't think so.

Like I said, no one is denying anyone's right to anger; no one is urging forgiveness. For me, well - fuck forgiveness; not ever. But I refuse to have my thoughts and actions dictated for me by a coward who hurt me as a little boy; I don't even care a lot about the jerk who exploited my vulnerability when I was 20. I have my future ahead of me and I want to make the best of it. I can't possibly do that if I am going to allow myself to get hijacked and diverted into wasting energy on someone whose hold on me I am in fact trying to break.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#220800 - 04/26/08 11:24 PM Re: What Is The Fair Punishment For A Rapist [Re: OKIE MIKE]
hogan_dawg Offline

Rapists deserve all manner of unpleasantness. But is it our job to administer it, as a society? I don't want to be a part of any society that tortures or is inhumane to people. If our society behaves that way, we can't teach people the value of life and the whole message about 'lives destroyed' from abuse becomes merely academic, and at worse, hypocritical and murderous.

Yes I think rapists should get counseling, and child molesters too.

Odds are they won't take it though. But that doesn't mean they should be treated any worse than any other prisoner.

Edited by hogan_dawg (04/26/08 11:24 PM)

#220811 - 04/26/08 11:46 PM Re: What Is The Fair Punishment For A Rapist [Re: hogan_dawg]
JustJeff Offline

Someone should post the youtube link for the savages song from pocahontas on here.

#220892 - 04/27/08 02:07 PM Re: What Is The Fair Punishment For A Rapist [Re: JustJeff]
jcf1957 Offline

Loc: North Of The 49th Parallel
Hmmmm;
Anyone every see the 1981 John Carpenter Movie entitled
"Escape From New York" a giant max security prison that encircled all of Manhattan Island for the most deadliest prisoners in the U.S. designated for Murderers, Rapist's, and Child Molesters.
RULES !!! There weren't any. Once you go in you don't come out.
Every male and female criminal for themselves. Make an attempt to escape and your dead. Yeah sure it was fictitious futuristic story. Kind of reminesent of the famous "real" French prison called Chateau D'if just off France's borders in the Mediterranean sea.
Justice ? Why the hell not. If a person is willing to commit the crime, be ready to do the hard time.

Edited by jcf1957 (04/27/08 02:49 PM)

Today well lived...makes every tomorrow a vision of Hope.
Anonymous

#222042 - 05/01/08 10:03 PM Re: What Is The Fair Punishment For A Rapist [Re: jcf1957]
feelingafraid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 5,471 FT above sea level

Edited by feelingafraid (11/24/08 06:35 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.