Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (Tarobuns108, wdmkr), 59 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63119 Topics
441403 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#220869 - 04/27/08 10:54 AM Irish - Abuse victim vows to defy gagging order!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I would rather let them keep the money, than have a gagging order imposed, but that is my own mind.

Guardian on Sunday,

Quote:
One of the founders of a group representing victims of Catholic clerical abuse vowed last night to defy a gagging order banning him from linking compensation payouts to sexual and physical assaults in Ireland's industrial schools and orphanages.

Patrick Walsh, of Irish Survivors of Child Abuse, said the ban imposed on all victims who are paid out of an estimated 1bn fund does not apply in countries outside the Irish Republic. He compared any victim's attempt to link compensation to past abuse in a foreign jurisdiction to ex-MI5 agent Peter Wright using Australia to publish Spycatcher, which had been banned under the Official Secrets Act in the UK.

A number of abuse victims contacted The Observer last week after they had to sign forms promising not to talk publicly about the payouts they received or make any connection between the compensation and the abuse they suffered at the hands of the clergy. Some said they were now afraid to speak in case they faced criminal prosecutions in Ireland.

Pope Benedict XVI is expected to visit the Irish Republic next year. A number of victims' organisations in Ireland, including Irish Soca, have threatened nationwide protests during his visit if the church refuses to organise a meeting between abuse survivors and the pontiff.

Under the Redress Act, anyone who applies for compensation to the Redress Board and accepts an award for damages must agree to discontinue any further legal action.

#220913 - 04/27/08 03:44 PM Re: Irish - Abuse victim vows to defy gagging order! [Re: reality2k4]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ste,

My first thought is good for them for their plan to launch nationwide protests unless the Pope agrees to meet abuse survivors. Maybe by the end of this tour he will see this issue is NOT going to go away.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#220919 - 04/27/08 04:10 PM Re: Irish - Abuse victim vows to defy gagging orde [Re: roadrunner]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Larry,

the scale of abuse must be enormous,

A billion euros,

700 million pounds,

1400 million dollars!

This money is earned through Catholic donation, not a slush, or hush fund.
I think the Church really needs to be brought to head regarding the scale of abuse.

History always tells me, that you cannot keep this sort of thing quiet much longer, and the Pope needs to re-think his position, in allowing the Church to keep these things secret as of past.

He is not even a man capable of saying he is Papal, until he tells the truth about the unspeakable.
He needs to ask God, to deliver him from evil, because he has already broken the commandments,

ste

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.