Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
5 registered (fhorns, pattom, 1islandboy, Obi, CheerfulJohn), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63215 Topics
442036 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#219158 - 04/19/08 07:20 PM 4 weeks to next WOR
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA
Hi everyone,

The clock is ticking and we're getting closer to the next WOR in mid May just north of Atlanta. As of today only 8 men have registered leaving room for another 20! Please consider attending this event that many have termed "life changing".

For those with limited funds there is a scholarship fund that can assist with part of the cost of the weekend. If you have questions about the weekend feel free to post them here or PM me. To find out more about a scholarship, you can email Howard Fradkin the team chairperson at hfradkin@malesurvivor.org.

Looking forward to meeting another 28 of you real soon.

Taz (Dale)

#219215 - 04/19/08 11:08 PM Re: 4 weeks to next WOR [Re: Dale English]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I remember my first time going to a WOR. It was in Paris, Ontario in May of 2004. I was ready to go but when I got there I started freaking out because I have alot of social anxiety, I was ready to go home when Dale (Taz) came up to my car and talked to me for 25-30 minutes about why I wanted to leave and while he didn't pressure me to stay he offered to help me through my fears if I decieded to.

Once I decieded to stay, I met alot people who knew what I was going thru. I wrote a letter to little Jay, and cried for the first time since my father died.

If you are thinking about going to a WOR, I say do it. You won't be disappointed and you won't find a more caring bunch of people that are going to try to get you moving forward on your road to recovery.

If you have limited funds, don't be ashamed to take scholarship money to handle part of the cost. You deserve a better life

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#219228 - 04/20/08 01:00 AM Re: 4 weeks to next WOR [Re: onlyakid]
NWcats Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pacific Northwest
I just attended the WOR in Sequoia a few weeks ago. It was by far the best thing I've done as part of my healing process to date, and I've done a lot. If you're considering going, go. There's no real way to put value on it, so whatever it costs, it's worth it. You'll likely do great work and meet some great people.

As Jason said, you do deserve a better life. You matter enough to go.

Peace,
Jackson

#219311 - 04/20/08 01:39 PM Re: 4 weeks to next WOR [Re: NWcats]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
I also attended the WoR in Sequoia a few weeks ago. Everything said above is absolutely true. I look back at the experience and still am at awe to the great healing experience for me. I was very scared and the anxiety was high, but once there with all the support, I settled in real fast.

You will also leave with a relationship of great friends and support when you get home.

My suggestion is if you have any interest at all, go.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#219603 - 04/22/08 12:13 AM Re: 4 weeks to next WOR [Re: KENKEN]
G5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I hope to attend the one in bangor, pa. I'm not quite ready for anything sooner. I hear a lot of positive stuff and hope to have a similar experience. Working on my fears, expectations, anxiety about meeting others, etc.

What are your suggestions for preparations? I discuss this with my T each week....she's helping an awful lot. How were you all able to deal with the initial arrival and whatever is done to help you feel safe? I'm kinda freaking out about that, and afraid that I'll also want to run away to escape.

Thx,
Chris

Oprah 200
PA Support Group
WoR Alta Advanced '12
"Silence Buster"

#220025 - 04/23/08 08:54 PM Re: 4 weeks to next WOR [Re: G5]
Dale English Offline
MaleSurvivor
Hi Chris,

Definitely the scariest time at the weekend is when you first arrive and still don't know anyone yet. Very quickly after the program begins the first event is establishing safety for the weekend. This is done entirely by the participants. Like the others have said you probably will never be in a safer place than at the weekend among your fellow survivors.

So take a deep breath and hang in there and go for it. You will be thrilled that you did.

Taz
team member

#220028 - 04/23/08 09:01 PM Re: 4 weeks to next WOR [Re: Dale English]
Dale English Offline
MaleSurvivor
Hi all,

Just wanted to say that with 3 weeks to go to the weekend there are 11 men registered for the next WOR.

If you are from the south and within driving distance, this is a great opportunity to save a bunch because you won't need to fly! Now is YOUR turn for a growth experience that will jump start anyone's recovery.

Hope to see and meet you in Dahlonega, GA!

Taz
team member

#220707 - 04/26/08 03:19 PM Re: 4 weeks to next WOR [Re: Dale English]
Gerald2007 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeastern US
I will be in there. I am hoping a few more men can sign up.
If you are thinkng about going, there is still time.
And check out the possible scholarships Taz talks about above.
Gerald

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.