Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
4 registered (Doubter, pattom, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63172 Topics
441741 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#220593 - 04/26/08 02:14 AM Loosing intrest
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
Lately I seem to be loosing intrest in the things that once gave me some pleasure . I just do not want to be bothered to get out of bed. and do any thing . This is not me . It is as if my soul has died.

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#220594 - 04/26/08 02:23 AM Re: Loosing intrest [Re: OKIE MIKE]
USFbull Offline

Loc: Florida
I definetly can relate to this one. Its the reason I have to medically withdraw from University this semester. Before all those supressed memories surged back I loved wrestling, reading, history, lots of things. Now I need a 200mg caffeinie habit just to crawl out of bed. On the weekends I hardly ever leave the dorm room,or bed.

These tears are shaken from
the wrath-bearing tree.
~T.S. Eliot~

#220595 - 04/26/08 02:28 AM Re: Loosing intrest [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Hi Mike,

I hear you. I recently read where you think that the man who abused you is dead. This has got to throw a wrench in things for you. You have spent so much time looking for him to confront him. Do you think it's possible that you are depressed because you will not be able to do that and don't know what else to do? Does the timing line up with the start of this depression?

Brian

#220614 - 04/26/08 09:09 AM Re: Loosing intrest [Re: Brian]
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA
Hi Mike,

What you're experiencing is one of the classic signs of sinking into a major depression. If you're not already under a doctor's care it would be a good time to see one and get on a med to nip this in the bud.

We all know how badly depression can sap us of our energy and in this day and age there's no reason to allow that to happen. Talk with your T and if you don't have one then see your family doc.

Your boat is taking on water and needs some attention. Do it for your self. He deserves nothing but the best!

Taz

#220620 - 04/26/08 10:01 AM Re: Loosing intrest [Re: Dale English]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi Mike,

I agree with the others above, it does sound like you could be in a depression of sorts. The bad thing about being depressed, is that it is real easy to get there and stay there because it just feels like there is no reason to not be there. I've been there several times myself, and one of the main components of it for me was isolation - I just didn't want to be around anyone or talk to anyone. Try to keep the communication open with your family, friends, and even here, too, so that you are continuing to talk and connect. Let us know how things are going.

#220634 - 04/26/08 11:20 AM Re: Loosing intrest [Re: EGL]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Mike,

I'm glad the issue of depression has been raised above; this is definitely something to look into. I know when I suffered from this it just crept up on me and I had no idea how bad off I was until it was really a major problem. Somehow you get to thinking it's normal that you haven't left the house for a week! This can get to be a critical problem so I would have it checked out.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.