Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
1 registered (lapchinj), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443287 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#220503 - 04/25/08 06:28 PM Re: Im scared please help me [Re: dark empathy]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Eric,

I really feel for you at this time. Every here on MS understands what you are feeling right now. Just remember that this is normal to feel like you do and to cry. You have great friends and lots of support here. This place has helped me so much, especially in the beginnig of my journey.

Keep up the faith, we are all here for you

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#220510 - 04/25/08 06:35 PM Re: Im scared please help me [Re: KENKEN]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
Eric,

Welcome to the site - I'm so sorry you are going through this right now. I understand those feelings coming so fast you don't know what to do with them - it is scary and horrifying, but you made it through - letting yourself go back takes great strength and courage - Like Ken said, everyone here understands the pain and anguish. We are here to listen and support you, and know you will do the same for us. It truly is a wonderful brotherhood you've come across.

Dan

Marge Simpson

#220519 - 04/25/08 06:51 PM Re: Im scared please help me [Re: Erik1]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Erik,
Something just like this happened to me when I finally faced my abuse after 25 years. I felt my whole life was a lie and what the hell have I been doing for 25 years. I cried at the drop of a hat, everything became emotional for me and I was so used to not feeling I did not know it was OK to feel the emotions I was feeling.
I found that after a couple weeks of crying I was actually healing by releasing all the emotions I kept hid away. The secrets were out and it was a strange new life and it was hard to adjust to. Just try to hang in there and cry as much as you need to, let it all out. venting here, and asking for help on the boards is a good start and there is a great support network here at MS.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#220584 - 04/26/08 01:03 AM Re: Im scared please help me [Re: dark empathy]
endlessjourney Offline

Loc: Cincinnati Ohio
Erik, sometimes these things come out and scare the hell out of us. The only thing I can say, is that, after going through that episode, you are one step closer to healing. Take it one piece at a time. Everything will be alright. Trust me.

I know everything you've learned growing up is now being contradicted. Talk about confusing. However, when you're scared, just realize, that as your life changes, the world becomes so much more beautiful. Each step closer, you'll feel it more and more. You're over the hump. We may go back and forward at times, but, as a whole, you are moving in the right direction. You'll find in the future, why all of this was worth it. Stay strong. You can do this!

Truth is the very reason we strive to live. It surrounds and resides within us. Accepting the truths we already know and seeking out those we do not is a direct path to inner balance and joy. For life is not a means to an end, but a journey. Life comes and goes but the truth will always live on.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.