Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
9 registered (lapchinj, 8 invisible), 50 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62552 Topics
438309 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#220610 - 04/26/08 08:40 AM Re: which side are you on? [Re: reality2k4]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
I know enough about NYC to know he's in about the same level of danger as any kid here in NH. In fact, it seems child abductors look to the suburbs and country-side for their victims (less danger for them maybe). A kid who is raised in NYC, knows NYC and is well trained at safety and such..don't see why not IF it were a well established route that we/he know well and is replicated without change. That probably applies to most of the kids on any public transit system. To-from school/home...to-from parent's place of biz.

Would I let my kids do this...yeah..so long as they showed they were capable, aware and well trained on the route.

(and NO Hauser...I would not equip them with a .38)
(though I'd want to)

Still's Globs

New Video

#220643 - 04/26/08 12:10 PM Re: which side are you on? [Re: Still]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Okay Jeff! Where'dja get the B-day cake, and how?

Don't know that I'm on a side, but I ride the trains here in Portland frequently. Very seldom, if ever have I seen children riding alone. On a personal level I cannot imagine allowing my daughter when she was say 10 or 12 to ride the train or the buses alone. Was I over protective? Dunno. I know she is now living in the Capital Hill area of Seattle and uses public transportation exclusively so I guess it did her no real harm on that level at least.

#220646 - 04/26/08 12:17 PM Re: which side are you on? [Re: WalkingSouth]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
lol - John - it's my B-day - the site automaticaly throws it in there \:\)

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#220681 - 04/26/08 02:20 PM Re: which side are you on? [Re: TJ jeff]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Awww I never got that on my B-day LOL :-P

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.