Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
6 registered (Jim1961, gettingstronger, MG5555, Greg56, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64200 Topics
448024 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#220118 - 04/24/08 08:04 AM Linkin Park..... Do They Know??????
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Ok, I never really listend to Linkin Park before our good friend here Ben posted a link to some of their songs. Now I've got all their albums and totally have to ask.... Do they know about this crap? Their songs, the emotions, the words, the feelings could come straight out of my own heart!!!!

Take this song for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsCD5XCu6CM

Absolutely fantasic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many of their songs are right where I am!

#220126 - 04/24/08 09:11 AM Re: Linkin Park..... Do They Know?????? [Re: JustScott]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLvBwPOjZWI

For justjeff friend welcome to my life

your friend ben \:\)

#220140 - 04/24/08 11:34 AM Re: Linkin Park..... Do They Know?????? [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
SuperTramp7981 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Who knows........maybe they do. Maybe they don't. Even if they don't Mike Shinoda is still the man! \:\)

'Cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
Some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fulfil de book.

Chat Name-Lparsons

#220146 - 04/24/08 12:05 PM Re: Linkin Park..... Do They Know?????? [Re: SuperTramp7981]
Don-NY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
There are many more references to be found.

January 23, 2008
LINKIN PARK Frontman Chester Bennington Speaks About Sexual Abuse

Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington has opened up about the abuse he suffered as a child - insisting it is the reason he turned to a career in music. The "In The End" hitmaker claims to have suffered years of sexual abuse throughout his childhood at the hands of an older male friend.

And Bennington insists the traumatic experiences forced him to express his feelings through writing poems and song lyrics.

The 31-year-old believes forming his first band, Grey Daze, helped save his life.

He says, "It was an awful time. I hated everyone in my family. I felt abandoned by my mom, my dad was not very emotionally stable then, and there was no one I could turn to. The relationship I had with that band was the first time I felt a connection with anybody. From then on, I started getting some confidence back. I also found it a good way to escape the abuse of my past."

Thanks to http://www.thegauntlet.com

Bennington's special vice is clothes. He started the tour with fifteen pairs of shoes, but the reality of road life has forced him to downsize to his three favorite pairs. Offstage, he's virtually unrecognizable from his madman stage persona, guarded and thoughtful when discussing his own painful past: a childhood of sexual abuse, cocaine addiction in his teens.

"I think that's where a lot of the anger in my songs comes from," he says, choosing his words carefully. "I've never written a song about it, because I don't think it should matter to people. But I don't hide it, because I don't think you should ever be ashamed or afraid of who you are, or anything that's happened to you. Life is good, man. You can either feel like a victim all the time, or you can get off your ass and do what you want to do. If it helps kids to hear me talk about it, if they can relate, that's cool. But I'm just a regular guy, you know? There's no leotard and cape under my clothes. I shit, I piss, I drink too much and throw up, just like everybody else."

Rolling Stone Article - [From Issue 865 March 29, 2001]
http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/link...ssionate_thrash

#220165 - 04/24/08 12:32 PM Re: Linkin Park..... Do They Know?????? [Re: Don-NY]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Thank you Don! Answers a lot of questions for me, and it makes their music all the more real!

Wow.

#220207 - 04/24/08 04:00 PM Re: Linkin Park..... Do They Know?????? [Re: JustScott]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Wow that is incredible that he has been able to do that. I know music can be very theraputic but to that degree?? Wow you have to admire the guy and the band for being able to put it all together. He may not intentionally write about it but somehow I thing it comes out. Thanks for that Don and Scott.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.