Newest Members
uvagrad4, cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X.
12497 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (iaccus, manipulated, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12497 Members
74 Forums
64171 Topics
447797 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#220087 - 04/24/08 12:31 AM I don't understand!
Marinan Offline

Is it normal for a CSA
survivor to think that his family doesn't love
him because they don't sexually abuse
him?

#220089 - 04/24/08 12:39 AM Re: I don't understand! [Re: Marinan]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Short answer...Yes.

When we are abused by family we can easily confuse that with love. Especially if it is the only contact and attention we get. When that is withdrawn and not replaced with heaalthy affection and approval and love then yes we can feel that we have lost the love that they were "expressing" to us before. We feel a sense of abandonment. This can cause us to want to rush back into the abusive situation. There are others on this site that will attest to this I am sure.

Thanks for the question. I hope this is not something you would be contemplating. If it is I would suggest you see a therapist right away before you do something dangerous and harmful to you.

#220094 - 04/24/08 12:46 AM Re: I don't understand! [Re: Freedom49]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I wasn't abused by any family members, buy I know I definitely have a strong connection in me between sex and love.

Those desires come up pretty quick when I start feeling very close to someone. Can be dangerous if you're not aware of it and the other person doesn't have your best interest in mind.

Can make you really vulnerable. It's good to surround yourself with some good support people that you really can trust to look out for you.

I agree with Roger, A good therapist is a very very good start!

#274269 - 02/06/09 11:44 PM Re: I don't understand! [Re: JustScott]
christianfather Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TN
I have always wondered why I felt this way. My best friend and are are closer than any brothers could be. He knows about all my abuse and has been there when all the memories started coming back. Bur in the back of my mind I felt because he hasn't tried to abuse me. I felt sick for feeling that way and feel like I'm not normal. He even understands why I feel that way.

#274950 - 02/12/09 02:00 PM Re: I don't understand! [Re: christianfather]
dusty42 Offline

Loc: Kentucky
Dusty has deleted this message. I no longer feel safe here.

Edited by dusty42 (03/18/09 01:58 PM)
Edit Reason: I don't feel safe here

#274970 - 02/12/09 05:54 PM Re: I don't understand! [Re: Marinan]
wes-b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western, Canada

marinan

it certainly is. My wounds left me with many irrational beliefs... not surprising with the unpredictable and irrational environment of abuse that a was raised within.

Day by day with the support of God and my fellows these irrational beliefs are being dissolved away and Love it flowing in.

Live well my Brothers and Sisters,

Wes

Continuing to meet more of my fellows as I "Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny".

My Story, 1st pass

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.