Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
4 registered (wearytraveler, Sojourn Survivor, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444216 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#222253 - 05/03/08 02:56 AM Re: We're #1-- In Prisoners [Re: AndyJB2005]
skingraph Offline

Worst thing about united states is their drug laws,its soo dumb specialy over weed.Get caught with a few pounds,5years soo stupid,for something that grows out of the ground.

Commit murder in some europeon countries get 30years and less,In the united states(at the present)get 30 years and more which to me,is better than most europeon countries.

"England's rate is 151; Germany's is 88; and Japan's is 63".
Intersting,all former dictator countries,i would be scared to live there,where they kill people based on religion or the roundness of their eyes.Or if someone gets a hair up their ass!hehe

My point Being
"Look at yourselves"

#222742 - 05/06/08 04:05 AM Re: We're #1-- In Prisoners [Re: Hauser]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
One good thing tho'.

You would not have to "imagine" the walls anymore!

ste

#222772 - 05/06/08 08:30 AM Re: We're #1-- In Prisoners [Re: reality2k4]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
It does get stupid. An art dealer in my town just got 6 yrs for growing 17 pot plants on a farm nearby where he used to rent. Now, it will cost us taxpayers at least $25,000 a year for incarceration, loss of untold thousands of what he would have paid in taxes, maybe loss of jobs for people who worked at his gallery, plus costs of parole supervision for years after he is released.

What are these people thinking?

#222792 - 05/06/08 09:35 AM Re: We're #1-- In Prisoners [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: Ken Singer, LCSW

What are these people thinking?

Its a well-planned strategy to control us and scare us into submission. We dont have all these people in prison "just because it happened to work out that way." Its not because we have too many bad people. Look at who they capture and imprison. They take the low-hanging fruit....that is the drug offenders.

Prisons are an industry. They employ MANY, MANY workers and corporations that employ MANY lobbyists and feed many state and federal representatives with campaign funding.

Some prisons are run by private, for-profit contractors.

This ain't no happenstance!

BTW: That artist will likely lose his home, gallery and everything else under the DEA regulations allowing them to seize and liquidate. Welcome to Amerika!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#222807 - 05/06/08 11:24 AM Re: We're #1-- In Prisoners [Re: Still]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
The War on Drugs is the worst social scourge that has ever been forced on the American people, save, PERHAPS, MAYBE, slavery.

My reading list for education about the War on Drugs started with Peter Mcwilliams's "Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do" http://www.mcwilliams.com/books/books/aint/ and has recently ended with Mike Grey's "Drug Crazy" http://books.google.com/books?id=a8g7Qpt...-with-thumbnail

The later book is VERY sobering about the misery, cost, tragedy, and unintended consequences resulting from the prohibition of drugs.

It also points out the outright lies that were put forward and accepted by a half-asleep congress when the first drug laws were passed.

Did you guys know that up until 1914, any 12 year old child could go into nearly ANY neighborhood pharmacy and legally buy PURE heroin, pharmaceutically pure heroin and cocain? And yet, there was no "drug crisis" as we are constantly told today. Sure, there were addicts in our country, but they were functioning, tax-paying addicts that functioned in every capacity, much the way Winston Churchill was drunk on Brandy every waking minute of his life. Funny isn't it? Someone like Churchill can be a drunk every minute of his waking life and be revered as a savior of the free world while someone else who chooses a different psycho-active substance to put in his body has his assets taken away from him (often without trial or even charges brought against him), thrown in jail, and his kids taken away from him.

#222813 - 05/06/08 11:33 AM Re: We're #1-- In Prisoners [Re: Hauser]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
I'm with you, Alan. However, people in 1914 weren't as aware of what drugs even were, so it stands to reason that it would be less out of control. Now, with it in music and other mainstream entertainment, I think it would be harder to get kids to not try it.

Kids should not have access (or as easy access, at least, if we're realistic.)

I think drugs should be legal, but like alcohol, 21 and over. I mean crack and heroin, I don't know. They get it anyway, and at least they wont die in drug deals gone wrong. *shrug* I don't know.

#222825 - 05/06/08 12:03 PM Re: We're #1-- In Prisoners [Re: AndyJB2005]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

heh Andy, you always say "I don't know"........TAKE A STAND! lol

#222830 - 05/06/08 12:15 PM Re: We're #1-- In Prisoners [Re: Hauser]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Yeah Andy!...what Hauser said...I guess...not sure though.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#222940 - 05/06/08 09:46 PM Re: We're #1-- In Prisoners [Re: Still]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Before Prohibition: Images from the preprohibition era when many psychotropic substances were legally available in America and Europe.

http://wings.buffalo.edu/aru/preprohibition.htm

I think I could use some after reading todays news!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.