Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
4 registered (VASurvivor, hike1972, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63417 Topics
443370 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#219896 - 04/23/08 09:47 AM Winnie the Pooh and CSA!!!!!
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

The "Satanic Winnie the Pooh" led me to finding this.... Anyone else ever see this???

Gotta say WOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJg-jliyhXA&NR=1

#219917 - 04/23/08 01:11 PM Re: Winnie the Pooh and CSA!!!!! [Re: JustScott]
Denniss Offline
New Here

Loc: California
Scott,

Thanks for sharing this.... I wonder who or what institutions use this video.... I've never seen this before and I'm interested in how effective this is or could be... any thoughts?

#219918 - 04/23/08 01:20 PM Re: Winnie the Pooh and CSA!!!!! [Re: Denniss]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Hopefully someone has seen it or knows something. I did see there was a "Part 2" for this video, and I watched part of it, but it was all "run away from strangers" "strangers are bad" kinda stuff and that was it. Helpful, but only helpful about 6% of the time :-(

I liked this one because it made the point to say that danger doesn't come from just strangers.

#219921 - 04/23/08 01:36 PM Re: Winnie the Pooh and CSA!!!!! [Re: JustScott]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Good message but kind of creeped me out hearing my childhood favorites talking about that stuff. I guess maybe it's creepy because of the need for them to say it.

Mike

#219925 - 04/23/08 02:04 PM Re: Winnie the Pooh and CSA!!!!! [Re: mogigo]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
What if the adult you trust is the one touching you? Who do you tell then? *shrug*

Great video though. \:\)

#219930 - 04/23/08 02:36 PM Re: Winnie the Pooh and CSA!!!!! [Re: AndyJB2005]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Yes, I thought if that too. They touch briefly on the issue of danger coming from others, but when they said "tell someone you trust" my first thought was, "what if they don't believe it?" and then "what if the only people you trust are the one's hurting you?"

Guess it's a start, something to build on perhaps.

#220092 - 04/24/08 12:44 AM Re: Winnie the Pooh and CSA!!!!! [Re: JustScott]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I watched this several times trying to put myself in the position of the kid who will view it and feel he is the one being addressed. Several great points:

1. My body belongs to me.
2. I have the right to say no.
3. Don't stay silent; the abuser's threats are just tricks.
4. My "don't touch" area is the part of me covered by my bathing suit.
5. Abusers may be people I know and trust.
6. Tell, tell, tell!

One problem, however, is the emphasis on telling Mom and Dad, and the clip where a little girl tells her mother and is immediately comforted. As Andy comments, what if Mom or Dad is the abuser?

I remember a young survivor (age 19) telling me three years ago about how he found out his father was abusing him by seeing a video in school when he was 12. He was stunned; he thought it was like this between all boys and their fathers. But he soon also figured out that his mother knew and was doing nothing about it. So he was stuck. Who could he trust if Mom and Dad are unsafe? As a result, the abuse continued until he was 17 and able to move out of the house.

I don't know how a kids' presentation could deal with that question. Who can you tell if all adults seem unsafe?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#220267 - 04/24/08 10:02 PM Re: Winnie the Pooh and CSA!!!!! [Re: roadrunner]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
I guess they were trying to be gentle in the video, but another question is when they do tell mom, what if mom calls them a liar instead of comforting them?

I guess they can't cover every angle, but I'm just looking at different viewpoints...

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.