Newest Members
GoodKiwi, Naeno, stillhere35, RKS, Albertus
12557 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
2dayistheday (34), 4LaurenAline2 (48), akn (61), barrington (65), Gideonfl (52), James Michael (57), Obi (44), tu (46), Vedder32 (34), yoga_mom (46)
Who's Online
6 registered (cricket1007, iaccus, 4 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12557 Members
73 Forums
64447 Topics
450138 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#221871 - 05/01/08 07:55 AM Re: Am I making a mistake? [Re: VLinvictus]
Cain Offline
New Here

Loc: Nebraska
What I learned through dealing with a lot of my issues is that I need to make myself happy before making others happy. I also learned that the relationships I chose were a reflection of abuse and neglect that I experienced as a child, and once I realized that I couldn't fix that by dating men like my father and my abuser, finding a way to make things right in the present - things that went wrong in the past.I'd not go and figure out a way to move on instead. Your cruise shold be happy for you and something that yuou want and will enjoy. It soen't sound liek you'd really have a good time. You also seem to know that this isn't the right thing to do. Give yourself permission to say no. His happiness is not your responsibility.

#221917 - 05/01/08 10:58 AM Re: Am I making a mistake? [Re: Cain]
VLinvictus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Thank you all for the responses. I admit this really is tough.

When I had the idea for a trip as his birthday gift, I knew our relationship was practically non-existant and had no future. Still, I like him and thought he deserved something special for his milestone birthday.

Things are rough now but progress is being made and there's still a lot of time left for further discussion. I am confident that this trip -- as an escape from all the stress and hell of home and work -- will be an opportunity for a new beginning, to enjoy each other's company (if we want to) in a new way.

There are worse things than a cruise to Bermuda...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.