Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (Tiger1982, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446700 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#219601 - 04/22/08 12:12 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: WalkingSouth]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Makes me glad to live in the pacific northwest not the south. I know that sounds really stereotypical. Nothing against the people down there, but i'm positive that laws like that couldn't pass in a more liberal area.

I wish people there was more education to people about the topic. To bad us the survivors aren't the ones making the laws. they sure would make a hell of a lot more sense.

Just my thoughts,
Christopher

#219605 - 04/22/08 12:41 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: theatrekid]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

I don't feel sorry for sex offenders who will end up being castrated, any more than I feel sorry for sex offenders who are forced to move - even when the laws' provisions are openly ridiculous, or were passed long after the offender served his jail time. And don't try that "they're still human" crap on me, either. Far as I'm concerned, the only thing those people have in common with the rest of humanity is the fact that they're going to die someday. They made a choice, and all choices have consequences - not all of them foreseeable. C'est la vie. It's like playing chess; you aren't safe from those of your opponent's moves that you overlooked or didn't see coming. Call me a cruel person, if you want.

But what kind of idiot got it into his head that castration is going to magically fix these people? I'm curious: if they're so certain it's going to have the desired effect, then why are convicts so sentenced still not allowed near kids, even after their treatment? They shouldn't be a threat anymore, right?

Or, is the state NOT sure about the efficacy of the treatment? If so, why use it? Spite? Hey, I'm a private citizen, an individual human - I'm allowed emotional outbursts like "sure, lock him up AND cut his nuts off!" But the State is not allowed to make laws based on emotion. Well, most States. Except Louisiana, apparently.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#219656 - 04/22/08 10:03 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: melliferal]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Yeah, lets just do whatever we want to those we hate. Mob rules. Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out. We should make concentration camps too. Because if we feel anything less than killing or mutilating them we are feeling "sorry" for them, huh?. We got the moral high ground, right?

Jesus...

#219705 - 04/22/08 02:32 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: AndyJB2005]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

I guess today's word is "hyperbole".

If you decide at some point to read any of the second half of my post, perhaps your indignant slippery-slopeness will fix itself.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#219727 - 04/22/08 03:44 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: melliferal]
GWsurvives Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, and here, among othe...
Post removed as counter to site guidelines on threats of violence.

Larry, aka roadrunner,
For the ModTeam

Edited by ModTeam (04/22/08 08:44 PM)

#219728 - 04/22/08 03:50 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: melliferal]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Here in the UK, we are one step ahead of the World!

Apparently, we can identify toddlers in creche, who may become
future offenders, and fit them with a lifelong tag.
They do it, by observing who their parents are, and whether they
are drug users, convicts etc.

This, is ground breaking technology, and maybe we will see a future
where baddies are neutered, or their babies castrated at birth!
I can only imagine the drop in crime levels, NOT!

Don't we all wish for a politicians brain???

NoPe,

ste

#219738 - 04/22/08 04:32 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: reality2k4]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Okay, I apologize. Thank you for the help and time you all have given me. I hope your lives are good ones and happy ones. \:\)

I'm out, but with no anger. Time to check out what else is down the road.

#219752 - 04/22/08 05:18 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: GWsurvives]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
Quote:
deleted by Robbie Brown under same rule

OK...that's never gonna happen in this country (officially)...we can't even fairly convict and sentence people to death without discovering HUGE numbers of them are not-guilty...so let's drop the violent talk and focus on actual and attainable reduction of CSA.

Edited by Robbie Brown (04/22/08 09:28 PM)

Still Not Recognized

#219775 - 04/22/08 06:30 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: GWsurvives]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Quote:
I think the castration should be performed...

This is going way too far...

Perhaps this kind of ignorant, violent talk is what goes on this site. Some seem to think it a virtue or something. But I'm sick of it. I'm starting to avoid MS because of it. It's all part of the problem. It's not about good public policy debate, nor healing if you ask me.

I'm angry to see this shit pass here. Moderators? Why the big silence on this? I can only assume you approve of it.

See you later. Much later.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#219779 - 04/22/08 06:54 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: LandOfShadow]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
If we hope to attract serious support of CSA survivor issues from entities such as US Congress and major media, we ought not be displaying hyperbole and vigilante justice.

Still Not Recognized

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.