Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (VASurvivor, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63415 Topics
443365 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#219634 - 04/22/08 06:09 AM Tell me all you're thoughts on God
dking777 Offline

Loc: CA
"Tell me all your thoughts on God
'Cause I would really like to meet her.
And ask her why we're who we are.
Tell me all your thoughts on God?
'Cause I am on my way to see her.
So tell me am I very far?
Am I very far now
Am I very far now
Am I very far now"

Edited by dking777 (10/25/09 01:05 AM)

Bittersweet Symphony

#219637 - 04/22/08 06:18 AM Re: Tell me all you're thoughts on God [Re: dking777]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Dave,

I look at the guys who have a strong faith in God and it reminds me of how it once was for me. I keep feeling that I want this back; it's something that abuse took from me. But I somehow feel lost when this topic comes up. Little Larry believes in God but panics at the thought of trusting him - again.

But sure, you're absolutely right. Others are welcome to their own views and if they don't want what I want, that's fine and it's up to them. I would just prefer that they not crowd me as I seek to get something back that I remember as being part of me.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#219638 - 04/22/08 06:35 AM Re: Tell me all you're thoughts on God [Re: roadrunner]
dking777 Offline

Originally Posted By: roadrunner
I would just prefer that they not crowd me as I seek to get something back that I remember as being part of me.

That is my point Larry.

Edited by dking777 (10/25/09 01:04 AM)

Bittersweet Symphony

#219642 - 04/22/08 07:04 AM Re: Tell me all you're thoughts on God [Re: dking777]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Dave,

It may be that nothing was taken from me that I can't recover, and I take your point about remembering as opposed to reclaiming. The problem is that I feel so disconnected from God as an adult, and I know this goes back to some terrible things the abuser did to me, and said to me, and the places he chose for doing these things. He mocked my faith and used it against me, and abused me in the church itself to shame and humiliate me further.

But I am working on this, as I had to work on so many other things, and I am content that somehow I will get past even this challenge.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#219683 - 04/22/08 01:14 PM Re: Tell me all you're thoughts on God [Re: roadrunner]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
The perps and my acting out LED me to God and his Son.

I'm with you Dave, I will not try to convince people of what they "ought to believe" or what "I want them to believe" or what "I hope they'll see."

I do however feel an obligation to God to stand ready with a lifeline and have an information booth open for anyone in need.

I won't claim to have all the answers, but I DO have my own testimony of extreme strife, terror and pain that led me to a saving relationship with Christ.

Dave, I really like the way you framed this dynamic! Well done!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#219758 - 04/22/08 05:24 PM Re: Tell me all you're thoughts on God [Re: Still]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Dave,
I too liked the way you put this. When I saw the post I at first thought that you wanted us to tell what we thought about God. I did not post right away because I am not sure what all I think.

I know in my heart he exists. He has spoken to me on many occasions and I have come to know that voice for who and what it is. Do I understand him? No I do not. I do not understand all of his ways but I love what Moses said to him. "Show me your ways that I may know you". To which God simply revealed some of his Glory or essence to him.

I didn't understand that at first. Later I realized what Moses had asked and why God felt he had to answer him that way. It is like Squirrels asking us to explain what we do and why we do it to them. They could not possibly understand even if we tried.

So God instead of trying to have a dialog with good ol' Moses, just said look at me. See me for the power and hugeness and complexity that I am and just trust me that I know what I am doing with you. That has had to suffice me for the whole of my life and all that has happened to me in it. Amazingly it has sufficed on most occasions.

Thoughts on God. Well there is one, anyway.

#221427 - 04/29/08 01:37 PM Re: Tell me all you're thoughts on God [Re: Freedom49]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Under the great north star
try and work out where you are
in the silence of the sea

coldplay

Just happened to be listening to this song when I got to the end of this thread..don't know why it seemed apropos. Maybe because it's always silence that has the last word..with all it's mystery and vastness. And trying to work out where we are in that seems to me what we are all trying to do. We all think at some time or another that we have our exact location pinpointed but....

#221851 - 05/01/08 04:09 AM Re: Tell me all you're thoughts on God [Re: roadrunner]
dking777 Offline

Originally Posted By: roadrunner
Dave,
The problem is that I feel so disconnected from God as an adult, and I know this goes back to some terrible things the abuser did to me, and said to me, and the places he chose for doing these things. He mocked my faith and used it against me, and abused me in the church itself to shame and humiliate me further. Much love, Larry

I wish you the best

Edited by dking777 (10/25/09 12:59 AM)

Bittersweet Symphony

#222483 - 05/04/08 03:35 PM Re: Tell me all you're thoughts on God [Re: dking777]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
God created us as individual human beings.
How else? Could one planet be just far enough from the Sun, to
sustain such a beautiful World!

When there is nowhere to run or hide, we find ourselves praying, or crying out to some deity we believe will save us.
We call ourselves survivors, but who? Kept us strong enough to do
just that.

My own belief, is that I would not have survived without my faith, but that is only my own opinion.
We tend to be blinkered by things that they blame on religion, but that has always been the way of blame.

Religion, sadly has its own faults, but that is not Gods' fault, but that of mankind, we grew up to believe that it was our sanctuary.

I have many times screamed out to God, why? He lets his children suffer, but I never gave up hope, if I did, I probably wouldn't be here,

ste

Nor would some of you guys.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.