Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 29 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63228 Topics
442152 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#222297 - 05/03/08 11:31 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: Still]
KeithR Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown

OR...Let's try not being so short-sighted!! Hell, with the size and gravity of CSA, we ought to be twice the size and power of MADD by now.

I just started reading this post thiis morning. And Robbie your statement is really powerful. For many months now, I have seen this as not only a possibility, but the future of this site. I think there is just too much potential power here to be held in check for too long. We'll reach that critical mass sometime.

I also see an equivalent to SADD here. Our young members and brothers have more power and influence than they can ever imagine.

The thing for many of us, is it just so hard for us to find that public voice. We have our reasons why and our fears of ridicule and minderstanding. I think that's our biggest barrier. Somehow, we as a group will overcome it one day. I'm often told I will go to great lengths to protect myself from more pain. One day maybe we will improve methods of preventions and treatment so that fewer and fewer boys will ever suffer that pain.

Andy, thanks for the post. This is a really great thread.

Keith

Edited by KeithR (05/03/08 11:33 AM)

#222310 - 05/03/08 03:20 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: reality2k4]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Quote:
Legal-rational authority

Legal-rational authorities receive their ability to compel behavior by virtue of the office that they hold. It is the authority that demands obedience to the office rather than the office holder; Weber identified "rationally-created rules"[6] as the central feature of this form of authority. Modern democracies are examples of legal-rational regimes. People also abide by legal-rational authority because it makes sense to do so for their own good, as well as for the greater good of society.

So that's it folks, the legal rationale,

ste

Source Wiki

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.