Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62517 Topics
438110 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#219448 - 04/21/08 09:36 AM Bill Passes for Castration in LA
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
People that watch FOX love this stuff. I've wondered if this would actually be a deterrent. Probably for some, not for all. Reminds me of cutting off the hand of a thief. Might as well propose that as well.

andy

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351386,00.html

Bill Calling for Castration of Sex Offenders Passes Louisiana Senate

BATON ROUGE, La. — The most serious sex crimes should be punishable by castration, with drugs or surgery, the Louisiana Senate voted on Tuesday.

The bill by Sen. Nick Gautreaux, D-Meaux, would give judges the option of imposing chemical castration on those convicted of sex crimes including aggravated rape, simple rape and indecent behavior with a juvenile. Chemical castration would be mandatory on second offenses, and the offender would have the option of choosing physical castration instead.

Senators voted 32-3 to send the measure to the House.

Chemical castration would involve treatment with the drug medroxyprogesterone acetate, with the aim of diminishing the offender's sexual impulses. Gautreaux amended the bill to add a provision that would bar such an offender from taking another substance — such as estrogen — that could counteract the effects of the castration drug.

The drug treatment would be mandatory on a second offense, though a medical expert would have to determine that the treatment would be effective.

Once ordered to undergo the treatment, the offender would have the option of physical castration — which Gautreaux said some offenders might prefer to avoid any drug side effects or in hopes of permanently curbing impulses that led to his offense.

Voting against the measure were Sens. Cheryl Gray, D-New Orleans, Robert Kostelka, R-West Monroe, and Derrick Shepherd, D-Marrero.

Also awaiting House debate is another Gautreaux bill that would prohibit sex offenders from wearing masks or costumes on most major holidays, and prohibit them from giving candy or other gifts to people younger than 18. The bill (Senate Bill 143) by Sen. Nick Gautreaux, D-Meaux, now goes to the House for debate. Violators could be jailed for a minimum of six months and a maximum of three years.

#219459 - 04/21/08 10:17 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: AndyJB2005]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
More nonsense, as usual. It's always easier and more dramatic - with more photo ops and sound bytes - to bluster and fume and pass pointless legislation than actually to plan and implement effective strategies that will address the problem.

And here we go with the stranger danger myth again - in 2008!

Quote:
Also awaiting House debate is another Gautreaux bill that would prohibit sex offenders from wearing masks or costumes on most major holidays, and prohibit them from giving candy or other gifts to people younger than 18. The bill (Senate Bill 143) by Sen. Nick Gautreaux, D-Meaux, now goes to the House for debate. Violators could be jailed for a minimum of six months and a maximum of three years.

Someone needs to tell the Louisiana legislature that more than 90% of kids are abused by people they know, and that the most common place for abuse to occur is the child's own home.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#219464 - 04/21/08 10:31 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: roadrunner]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
okay maybe i dont understand enoungh about "my junk" but, if you cut it off, arent you still attracted to the same people you were before? like, i would still be gay. are they going to cut off their hands and sew up their mouthes next?

#219466 - 04/21/08 10:35 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: Jarrad]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

You're right, Jarrad. Attraction is in the head, not the nuts. Only thing it *might* do is lower the sex drive -- but the thoughts are still there.

I wonder if full frontal lobotomies are next...? Maybe Josef Mengele could lend a hand.

I'm moving to Mars..

#219472 - 04/21/08 11:06 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: AndyJB2005]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Most people are also under the erroneous assumption that castration means no sex. If you're castrated before puberty, there is some truth to this, but it is still possible. After having gone through puberty, while the drive might be lowered, men can still get it up and can even still orgasm.

Fellow I know had testicular cancer. Had both testicles removed. He and I have talked quite a bit, and he and his wife still have a decent although diminished sex life. Oh, and no, he's not taking hormone replacements. He has other issues that make that risky for his health.

Edited by JustScott (04/21/08 11:07 AM)

#219473 - 04/21/08 11:06 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: AndyJB2005]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Some of the kinkier ones may enjoy the removal of their nuts.
Why? Don't they make it illegal to feed kids, or clothe them
also!

If it sounds whacky, then it wont be long before the UK takes it up, and we can still cry out to other countries who impose abuse on their peoples,

ste

#219509 - 04/21/08 02:47 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: reality2k4]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Is it just me or are the Dark Ages kinda making a comeback in the USA?

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#219536 - 04/21/08 05:07 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: LandOfShadow]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think so, Alan. I guess the pendulum will swing the other way some day, I hope.

#219548 - 04/21/08 06:10 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: AndyJB2005]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
As someone who has worked with several thousand sexual abusers over the years, I will tell you that the number of assaults, molestations, and other sexual acts GENERALLY DO NOT RESULT IN AN ORGASM FOR THE ABUSER.

Certainly, the survivors here may have a sense of whether their abuser ejaculated, but the sex is just one part of the abuse's motivation. For many, the payoffs for abusing a child are about power rather than orgasm.

As an example of the whacky legislation, NJ has bills pending in the legislature that would a) prohibit sex offenders from driving ice cream trucks (maybe not a bad idea), b) not being allowed to use dating services or online social networking sites, c) not get pre>

#219564 - 04/21/08 07:43 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: AndyJB2005]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: AndyJB2005
People that watch FOX love this stuff.

Hey! Wait a minute! I watch fox from time to time but certainly don't soak up everything they broadcast as being what's good for me or the country. Don't paint with too broad a brush, Andy \:\)

Of course I also watch CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, and CSPAN for that matter with the same critical eye as with FOX.

Edited by walkingsouth (04/21/08 07:45 PM)

#219601 - 04/22/08 12:12 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: WalkingSouth]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Makes me glad to live in the pacific northwest not the south. I know that sounds really stereotypical. Nothing against the people down there, but i'm positive that laws like that couldn't pass in a more liberal area.

I wish people there was more education to people about the topic. To bad us the survivors aren't the ones making the laws. they sure would make a hell of a lot more sense.

Just my thoughts,
Christopher

#219605 - 04/22/08 12:41 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: theatrekid]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

I don't feel sorry for sex offenders who will end up being castrated, any more than I feel sorry for sex offenders who are forced to move - even when the laws' provisions are openly ridiculous, or were passed long after the offender served his jail time. And don't try that "they're still human" crap on me, either. Far as I'm concerned, the only thing those people have in common with the rest of humanity is the fact that they're going to die someday. They made a choice, and all choices have consequences - not all of them foreseeable. C'est la vie. It's like playing chess; you aren't safe from those of your opponent's moves that you overlooked or didn't see coming. Call me a cruel person, if you want.

But what kind of idiot got it into his head that castration is going to magically fix these people? I'm curious: if they're so certain it's going to have the desired effect, then why are convicts so sentenced still not allowed near kids, even after their treatment? They shouldn't be a threat anymore, right?

Or, is the state NOT sure about the efficacy of the treatment? If so, why use it? Spite? Hey, I'm a private citizen, an individual human - I'm allowed emotional outbursts like "sure, lock him up AND cut his nuts off!" But the State is not allowed to make laws based on emotion. Well, most States. Except Louisiana, apparently.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#219656 - 04/22/08 10:03 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: melliferal]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yeah, lets just do whatever we want to those we hate. Mob rules. Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out. We should make concentration camps too. Because if we feel anything less than killing or mutilating them we are feeling "sorry" for them, huh?. We got the moral high ground, right?

Jesus...

#219705 - 04/22/08 02:32 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: AndyJB2005]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

I guess today's word is "hyperbole".

If you decide at some point to read any of the second half of my post, perhaps your indignant slippery-slopeness will fix itself.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#219727 - 04/22/08 03:44 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: melliferal]
GWsurvives Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, and here, among othe...
Post removed as counter to site guidelines on threats of violence.

Larry, aka roadrunner,
For the ModTeam

Edited by ModTeam (04/22/08 08:44 PM)

#219728 - 04/22/08 03:50 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: melliferal]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Here in the UK, we are one step ahead of the World!

Apparently, we can identify toddlers in creche, who may become
future offenders, and fit them with a lifelong tag.
They do it, by observing who their parents are, and whether they
are drug users, convicts etc.

This, is ground breaking technology, and maybe we will see a future
where baddies are neutered, or their babies castrated at birth!
I can only imagine the drop in crime levels, NOT!

Don't we all wish for a politicians brain???

NoPe,

ste

#219738 - 04/22/08 04:32 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: reality2k4]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Okay, I apologize. Thank you for the help and time you all have given me. I hope your lives are good ones and happy ones. \:\)

I'm out, but with no anger. Time to check out what else is down the road.

#219752 - 04/22/08 05:18 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: GWsurvives]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Quote:
deleted by Robbie Brown under same rule

OK...that's never gonna happen in this country (officially)...we can't even fairly convict and sentence people to death without discovering HUGE numbers of them are not-guilty...so let's drop the violent talk and focus on actual and attainable reduction of CSA.

Edited by Robbie Brown (04/22/08 09:28 PM)

Still's Globs

New Video

#219775 - 04/22/08 06:30 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: GWsurvives]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Quote:
I think the castration should be performed...

This is going way too far...

Perhaps this kind of ignorant, violent talk is what goes on this site. Some seem to think it a virtue or something. But I'm sick of it. I'm starting to avoid MS because of it. It's all part of the problem. It's not about good public policy debate, nor healing if you ask me.

I'm angry to see this shit pass here. Moderators? Why the big silence on this? I can only assume you approve of it.

See you later. Much later.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#219779 - 04/22/08 06:54 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: LandOfShadow]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

If we hope to attract serious support of CSA survivor issues from entities such as US Congress and major media, we ought not be displaying hyperbole and vigilante justice.

Still's Globs

New Video

#219782 - 04/22/08 07:06 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: LandOfShadow]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes i am filled with so much anger at the abusers that i think i will ignite, and yes i have shouted to the air and in chat that abusers should be hung.
But you know what i would not want us to stoop to that level, yes they do horrific things to kids, i and we all know that first hand.

When and i hope we dont take out our anger on the abusers and use the law for vengeance then we have lost any humanity we have left.
This sort of thing has happened in the past, hate crimes, mob rule, vengeance killings, and so on, and now we look back on it all with disgust and horror.

So some talk about killing them, ok do it but you will live with the fact that it would not appease the anger inside and it would eat away at you till you passed on.

lets leave the law to the law makers and police BUT keep an eye over their shoulder to make sure they do the job properly and pass laws to try and hinder future abusers.

All this talk about killing gets us nowhere, i have had to take life, in the service of my countries armed forces, did i enjoy it because they were the enemy and trying to kill me, NO. I would rather have not had to do it. Killing for vengeance sake destroys the killed and the killer.
If we took the life in this way of an abuser we would not be an avenger or protecting children, we would be a cold killer.

Dont want to offend but this is what i feel.

Ben

#219793 - 04/22/08 07:41 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Andy and LandofShadow,

Guys, read the posts. I'm not seeing support at all for this legislatures brain fart!

#219808 - 04/22/08 08:57 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Trish,

It was the pro-murder post that caused the reaction. I'm very glad to see it gone.

Again, we will not see sizable membership increases, official support and media attention with violent, vile content.

Still's Globs

New Video

#219815 - 04/22/08 09:28 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: LandOfShadow]
JustJeff Offline

K. MAJOR TRIGGER. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. I can personally tell you that castration of sex offenders is not going to solve any problems. in fact many sex offenders may be spurred to offend in or to "Get Back At The Goverment", for the loss of thier manhood. many offenders don't orgasm during offending it's mostly about control, or renacting abuse they may have suffered but from a different standpoint, the one in charge.

#219824 - 04/22/08 10:20 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: JustJeff]
USFbull Offline

Loc: Florida
I'm assuming it was my "pro-murder" post that incited the reaction. I didn't really track it after the first few replies, I modified my post to clarify some things, I didn't see the replies so I apologize for that. I would like to clarify one more thing here.Before that however...I completly agree with Jeff, castration doesnt really accomplish anything, prevents arousal, but not neccessarily abuse. As for Robbie Brown, you may view my opinion as vile and violent, which you are more than entitled to, thats what makes the western world great. However Vile and Violent are two words that describe who I am, am I proud of it? No I'm not, my anger has done horrible things, and I am ashamed of my temper. I have never learned to forgive, I was never taught how to forgive, so all I know is what I taught myself to survive, in order to survive my life, I have learned one method, vengence. Not your run of the mill kind, the firey burning life consuming need to attack those who harm me, its not getting even, metaphorically its as if you embarass me at work, I'll ruin your name at work, at home, I'll do everything I can to embarass you and shame you, instead of an eye for an eye, you take my eye I take you life. I'm not bragging, its who I am, I'm not proud of it, and when I enter therapy at the end of may, I hope that I can change this aspect of me. I often wonder if it ever will change. Have you ever seen the show locked up? They interviewed a man who admittedly had a long-term affair with a 14 year old girl, and he "demanded" that he be kept in segregation so he could be kept alive. His request was granted. Whats next? Pay for me to move to the middle of nowhere where I can't harm people? Ok so maybe killing them isn't the right thing to do, should we protect them? No, should our tax dollars go to build sex-offender rehabilitation facilities? Not when american children are starving they shouldn't. There are more important things in the world than convicted felons of any kind, let alone ones that commit crimes of a sexual nature.

While membership increases, official support, and media attention are all good and well, I thought the intention of this site was healing and recovery. If healing and recovery are secondary in nature to maintaining the presentability and membership dues then I have been misled, and would ultimately be extremly dissappointed. To my knowledge my aforementioned posts did not violate any rules, and were an expression of my emotions. I believe it was an appropriate expression, and as long as we were talking about appropriate expression.Lets say you can express your beliefs as long as they don't offend our chances of making the evening news,go ahead and add that to the forum rules. Or anything that a due paying member disagrees with. Two great new additions to the rules. Should we be sensitive to one another? YES when it comes to sensitive "trigger" issues...just because you disagree with my opinion does not mean I am inherently wrong or you are inherently right, thats why they are called opinions.Ok RANT OVER.

These tears are shaken from
the wrath-bearing tree.
~T.S. Eliot~

#219864 - 04/23/08 03:48 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: USFbull]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

USF It was not your post at all. It was another post that triggered it. The post called for cutting the throat of offenders - thus, murder. FYI: This site has a stated policy against violent threats. Threats (according to state, federal and case law) can be direct or in-direct in nature. Suggesting the murder of anyone for any reason can land said individual and the website in huge legal trouble. THAT sir is a reality. You can flaunt all the bravado you claim true...but at the end of the day, words mean things and courts mean even more...and they ain't fkin around these days.

As for priorities of the site...(news flash)I don’t set them. I only observe that some of us have been seeking national and/or state-based support for survivors, as there are little-to-no resources for us. Sexually abused or raped women usually have ample resources at the county, state and federal level. When it comes to men and boys...it’s simply not there for us.

Now, we can sit back and wait for public policy support and change (that means laws, funding and programs BTW). Or we can take the lead and make things happen. I tend to not sit on the sidelines wringing my hands in hope that someone else will pick up the ball and run with it. I pick it up myself and run it down field!

My mention of this factor of hope for support through media, legislation and membership roles increasing does not constitute a shift or even suggested shift in priorities. Just because I mention a factor or an issue, it does not reflect diversion from our intended purpose.

Is the primary goal and intention of this site healing and recovery? Hell yes. Does that mean all else needs to be neglected? Hell no. I've heard that organizations can actually multi-task.(no shit...I've heard this for real) Why, I've even heard of other 501c3 organizations work on healing AND fund-raising AND legislative action all at the same time (can I get a "wow?")....All Gods children say "WOW."

I've even heard that Mothers Against Drunk Driving have done all three very very successfully for many years now. They raised money, they invoked legislative action (another example of public policy change for those of you in Rio Linda) and they support families hurt by drunk driving. MADD has had laws changed, sentencing guideline dramatically changed, public awareness dramatically increased. Before MADD came along, drunk driving was a passive non-issue that got NO public attention. \:o

And let's just imagine for a moment what a site like this might be able to do with an extra $1-2,000,000 in federal grants. Naw...fk it...let's just remain as we are and ensure limited outreach and effectiveness.

OR...Let's try not being so short-sighted!! Hell, with the size and gravity of CSA, we ought to be twice the size and power of MADD by now.

Quote:
Should we be sensitive to one another? YES when it comes to sensitive "trigger" issues...just because you disagree with my opinion does not mean I am inherently wrong or you are inherently right, that’s why they are called opinions.

Well...I'll suggest that as an element of defense for the anti-abortion activists...or the white supremacist...or the NAMBLA site. Fk dude...the NAMBLA site must be chock-full of opinions. I bet they would LOVE to come here and express their opinions. What's good for the goose...as they say. I mean after all, as you say, it IS their opinion they are expressing, and opinons...as you say..."cant be inherently wrong". Shit dude, they will be SO fkg happy to hear that.

I've got to suggest some of my past law professors that they cite this cannon of common law. There are no rights or wrongs...just equal opinions. "in my opinion your honor...my client had every right to voice HIS opinion calling for the execution of Jews in New York City...it was his opinion, and he's entitled to it!...I rest my case."...."it was my client's OPINION your honor that the anti-abortion website in question ought to encourage murdering some doctors...its their opinion and they ought to be able to express it!"

Again, the post in question called for the cutting of people's throats. Beyond legal issues, that kind of verbal violence can scare people away from the site. Not everyone is a tough, knife-wielding thug bent on revenge. Some potential members or users of the site are still children…some are women…some are guys who are simply not violent and don’t want to be associated with anything that promotes violence. Why, do you know there are actually people out there who find dialogue about murdering people to be repugnant?

So what happens then? They click-on (buh-bye) and we never get to meet them to explain that “that’s really not what we are about here at MS…we just let people post things about murder cuz...well...they got opinions...ya know….here…look at the Off Topic Forum…we got funny stuff there \:\) ...have some punch and cookies?” \:o

Is this horse dead yet or shall I beat-on?

Edited by Robbie Brown (04/23/08 02:45 PM)

Still's Globs

New Video

#219869 - 04/23/08 05:07 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: Still]
Bulala Offline
New Here

Gentlemen...

this is politics. Everyone has strong emotional responses to political issues...normal!
The members of this site and those who frequent it are CSA survivors and those that love a CSA survivor...so its understandable to have a strong response to this particular piece of legislation that has passed THE SENATE of LA...(ie. its not a law just yet fellas!)

From what I have been told and read...everyone has their own pace and they deal with their affects and manifestations differently.

you cannot change anyone but yourself! right?

So please take the focus off of yourself for a moment and just embrace a couple of 'what if's'
what if the article triggered a response (toward the violent side) from !i can't remember the posters name!
No, it does not mean that those things need to be aired out in the forum...but neither does it mean that everyone else should take such a strong reaction to it, like leaving the site!

This is policy, it was removed...but instead of being ignored and reported and it being an experience (a trigger experience) that one can grow on and use as possibly a tool on what fights to fight.
I can say this pretty easily...but I can understand from the CSA survivors viewpoint that ALL FIGHTS ARE WORTH FIGHTING because there was so much time, or maybe even just that one time, that you weren't given the choice of whether to fight or not.

What I do know is that it is not your fault...I think we can all agree on that one. But it is our responsibility to be responsible for our actions...AND REACTIONS...as we are aware and have the knowledge to do so.

Robbie is right in that if you want to be taken seriously you need to behave somewhat towards the 'status quo' end....the 'status quo' being that one adheres to the rules and policy of the site/forum.
What I can understand from Robbie's post is that this is important to him, not because its more important to have funding and media attention...but because RECOVERY is important and need to be available to all at an equal depth and breadth. GO YOU!
Way to have a mission.

USF is right in that EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion...and your own way to place things in your head and in your world where it can make sense and make you whole again. If you believe the sob's should get a death penalty instead of wasting tax dollars in a prison cell...awesome, GO YOU...but I think you took some blame for something that was not yours there.

Point is...I think that if you respond to a post in a negative manner, then you should notify if appropriate or simply not respond and question yourself on WHY you feel negatively.
Its just no reason for everyone to start a 'fight or flight' process that can tear the whole site in two!!

Everyone is here for the same reason...everyone is at different phases in their recovery...

it is the very nature OF relationships to give and take...there will always be times where one is getting more than they are giving and vice versa...as long as its recognized and in the name of the greater good then fantastic!

As for the law...Louisiana...one-time perps, fifty time perps, the murderers and the plain ole bad people......... The Lord says "VENGANCE IS MINE!!!!!!!!"

and since I know God to be bigger and perfectly able to produce a suffering greater than my imagination could EVER come up with....I'm okay with that!

So lets just get on with recovery and lock this topic

#219879 - 04/23/08 07:17 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: Bulala]
JustJeff Offline

Don't lock the thread, it's for a news forum for crying out loud. lol. nice open forum reference btw.

#219880 - 04/23/08 08:21 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: Still]
GWsurvives Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, and here, among othe...
My apologies for my previous post.

Take good care.

GW

#219885 - 04/23/08 08:54 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: GWsurvives]
USFbull Offline

Loc: Florida
*pokes the dead horse with a stick* You make a convincing arguement Sir Robbie! However while we view the opinions of NAMBLA as disgusting and wrong, they are still entitled to it,not neccessarily entitled to express them everywhere. I think you and I agree on quite a bit, you have a way more mature and developed way of looking at the situation!

*poke poke poke*

These tears are shaken from
the wrath-bearing tree.
~T.S. Eliot~

#219969 - 04/23/08 05:32 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: USFbull]
JustJeff Offline

NAMBLA? ? ? ?

#219972 - 04/23/08 05:55 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: JustJeff]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

NAMBLA= North American Man-Boy Love Assn.

Still's Globs

New Video

#219973 - 04/23/08 05:59 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: Still]
JustJeff Offline

Kk. Thanks.

#221367 - 04/29/08 10:56 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: JustJeff]
delta.tetra Offline

Loc: Netherlands
My sister and I were abused by a man who had his testicles and penis removed surgically (by his own choice) and every day he ate doses of oestrogen so he grew big tits, and none of that stopped him sexually abusing us. Pointless Bill!

#221370 - 04/29/08 11:12 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: delta.tetra]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: delta.tetra
My sister and I were abused by a man who had his testicles and penis removed surgically (by his own choice) and every day he ate doses of oestrogen so he grew big tits, and none of that stopped him sexually abusing us. Pointless Bill!

OMG!!! There you have it folks!!!!!! Its not a plumbing issue!

Still's Globs

New Video

#221403 - 04/29/08 12:42 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: Still]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
Originally Posted By: delta.tetra

OMG!!! There you have it folks!!!!!! Its not a plumbing issue!

Of course it's not a 'plumbing issue'. How often is sexual abuse actually about 'sex' and not 'power' and 'abuse'?

And I would consider myself as someone who do not want to be 'associated' with violent threats and extreme anger here. That do not mean I am not bothered by what was done to me, and it do not mean it 'wasn't so bad' as someone has suggested to me privately. It means that, throughout it all, I am better then THEM. In my character, in my life. They could not take what is good away from me, not when they was abusing me. So why should I let them take it from me now, and let 'them' make me into someone I am not? I refuse to do it. That is MY power.

andrei

#221410 - 04/29/08 12:58 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: ak]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Agreed 100% Andrei!

I'm not a violent person by nature, although the anger I have pushes me to aggression many times. I agree with you that not wanting to be violent doesn't mean that "things weren't so bad." I think that's a terrible thing to say to anyone who's been abused, and if the person who made that statement to you reads this, tough, I'll say it again, not wanting to kill or maim someone for what they did doesn't mean the experience wasn't horrible and hurtful, and suggesting such is terrible thing!!!

I will admit that there are times when in my anger my first reaction is "hang em from the nearest tree!!", but once that anger dies down the rational part of me realizes that there are underlying reasons for why people do what they do, not that I'm excusing it mind you, wrong is wrong, but I don't believe that there are unredeemable people. In the end, people, by virtue of their own choices determine whether or not they can be redeemed. Can they admit they did wrong and repent of it? Or do they harden their hearts and continue doing the same things as before? When faced with the stench of their own wrong doings, how do they respond? That is the determining factor in my eyes as to who is and isn't redeemable. Some people are just so hard, so selfish, so evil and perverse, that they don't care who they hurt. That attitude, that choice to keep hurting is what keeps them from finding and taking the redemption that is only a breath away.

Not sure how I got here! It just flowed out I guess. My 2 cents, I know there are those who don't agree, but what's "good" for you, isn't what's good for me.

#221511 - 04/29/08 05:45 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: JustScott]
Marinan Offline

I really don't want anyone castrated.

Edited by Marinan (04/29/08 05:45 PM)

#222126 - 05/02/08 11:41 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: Marinan]
tazrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FL USA
I am for harsh punishment for abusers. I will let the lawmakers decide what punishment should be. I am waiting for the day when abuser must wear the letter SA on their chest. Then the world will be able to see them all. Of coarse, that would be less painful than castration.

#222287 - 05/03/08 10:39 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: tazrad]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

The most it will do, is keep the mob culture at bay for a small period of time.
They don't listen to professionals, nor do they want to help the survivors.

We could bring back the 'ducking stool', that seemed to work!

I think@@@???## NOT,

ste

#222297 - 05/03/08 11:31 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: Still]
KeithR Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown

OR...Let's try not being so short-sighted!! Hell, with the size and gravity of CSA, we ought to be twice the size and power of MADD by now.

I just started reading this post thiis morning. And Robbie your statement is really powerful. For many months now, I have seen this as not only a possibility, but the future of this site. I think there is just too much potential power here to be held in check for too long. We'll reach that critical mass sometime.

I also see an equivalent to SADD here. Our young members and brothers have more power and influence than they can ever imagine.

The thing for many of us, is it just so hard for us to find that public voice. We have our reasons why and our fears of ridicule and minderstanding. I think that's our biggest barrier. Somehow, we as a group will overcome it one day. I'm often told I will go to great lengths to protect myself from more pain. One day maybe we will improve methods of preventions and treatment so that fewer and fewer boys will ever suffer that pain.

Andy, thanks for the post. This is a really great thread.

Keith

Edited by KeithR (05/03/08 11:33 AM)

#222310 - 05/03/08 03:20 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: reality2k4]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
Legal-rational authority

Legal-rational authorities receive their ability to compel behavior by virtue of the office that they hold. It is the authority that demands obedience to the office rather than the office holder; Weber identified "rationally-created rules"[6] as the central feature of this form of authority. Modern democracies are examples of legal-rational regimes. People also abide by legal-rational authority because it makes sense to do so for their own good, as well as for the greater good of society.

So that's it folks, the legal rationale,

ste

Source Wiki

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.