Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
5 registered (ScottSmith, Jacob S, Obi, lapchinj, 1 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63191 Topics
441852 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#219448 - 04/21/08 09:36 AM Bill Passes for Castration in LA
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
People that watch FOX love this stuff. I've wondered if this would actually be a deterrent. Probably for some, not for all. Reminds me of cutting off the hand of a thief. Might as well propose that as well.

andy

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351386,00.html

Bill Calling for Castration of Sex Offenders Passes Louisiana Senate

BATON ROUGE, La. — The most serious sex crimes should be punishable by castration, with drugs or surgery, the Louisiana Senate voted on Tuesday.

The bill by Sen. Nick Gautreaux, D-Meaux, would give judges the option of imposing chemical castration on those convicted of sex crimes including aggravated rape, simple rape and indecent behavior with a juvenile. Chemical castration would be mandatory on second offenses, and the offender would have the option of choosing physical castration instead.

Senators voted 32-3 to send the measure to the House.

Chemical castration would involve treatment with the drug medroxyprogesterone acetate, with the aim of diminishing the offender's sexual impulses. Gautreaux amended the bill to add a provision that would bar such an offender from taking another substance — such as estrogen — that could counteract the effects of the castration drug.

The drug treatment would be mandatory on a second offense, though a medical expert would have to determine that the treatment would be effective.

Once ordered to undergo the treatment, the offender would have the option of physical castration — which Gautreaux said some offenders might prefer to avoid any drug side effects or in hopes of permanently curbing impulses that led to his offense.

Voting against the measure were Sens. Cheryl Gray, D-New Orleans, Robert Kostelka, R-West Monroe, and Derrick Shepherd, D-Marrero.

Also awaiting House debate is another Gautreaux bill that would prohibit sex offenders from wearing masks or costumes on most major holidays, and prohibit them from giving candy or other gifts to people younger than 18. The bill (Senate Bill 143) by Sen. Nick Gautreaux, D-Meaux, now goes to the House for debate. Violators could be jailed for a minimum of six months and a maximum of three years.

#219459 - 04/21/08 10:17 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: AndyJB2005]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
More nonsense, as usual. It's always easier and more dramatic - with more photo ops and sound bytes - to bluster and fume and pass pointless legislation than actually to plan and implement effective strategies that will address the problem.

And here we go with the stranger danger myth again - in 2008!

Quote:
Also awaiting House debate is another Gautreaux bill that would prohibit sex offenders from wearing masks or costumes on most major holidays, and prohibit them from giving candy or other gifts to people younger than 18. The bill (Senate Bill 143) by Sen. Nick Gautreaux, D-Meaux, now goes to the House for debate. Violators could be jailed for a minimum of six months and a maximum of three years.

Someone needs to tell the Louisiana legislature that more than 90% of kids are abused by people they know, and that the most common place for abuse to occur is the child's own home.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#219464 - 04/21/08 10:31 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: roadrunner]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
okay maybe i dont understand enoungh about "my junk" but, if you cut it off, arent you still attracted to the same people you were before? like, i would still be gay. are they going to cut off their hands and sew up their mouthes next?

#219466 - 04/21/08 10:35 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: Jarrad]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

You're right, Jarrad. Attraction is in the head, not the nuts. Only thing it *might* do is lower the sex drive -- but the thoughts are still there.

I wonder if full frontal lobotomies are next...? Maybe Josef Mengele could lend a hand.

I'm moving to Mars..

#219472 - 04/21/08 11:06 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: AndyJB2005]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Most people are also under the erroneous assumption that castration means no sex. If you're castrated before puberty, there is some truth to this, but it is still possible. After having gone through puberty, while the drive might be lowered, men can still get it up and can even still orgasm.

Fellow I know had testicular cancer. Had both testicles removed. He and I have talked quite a bit, and he and his wife still have a decent although diminished sex life. Oh, and no, he's not taking hormone replacements. He has other issues that make that risky for his health.

Edited by JustScott (04/21/08 11:07 AM)

#219473 - 04/21/08 11:06 AM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: AndyJB2005]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Some of the kinkier ones may enjoy the removal of their nuts.
Why? Don't they make it illegal to feed kids, or clothe them
also!

If it sounds whacky, then it wont be long before the UK takes it up, and we can still cry out to other countries who impose abuse on their peoples,

ste

#219509 - 04/21/08 02:47 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: reality2k4]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Is it just me or are the Dark Ages kinda making a comeback in the USA?

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#219536 - 04/21/08 05:07 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: LandOfShadow]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think so, Alan. I guess the pendulum will swing the other way some day, I hope.

#219548 - 04/21/08 06:10 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: AndyJB2005]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
As someone who has worked with several thousand sexual abusers over the years, I will tell you that the number of assaults, molestations, and other sexual acts GENERALLY DO NOT RESULT IN AN ORGASM FOR THE ABUSER.

Certainly, the survivors here may have a sense of whether their abuser ejaculated, but the sex is just one part of the abuse's motivation. For many, the payoffs for abusing a child are about power rather than orgasm.

As an example of the whacky legislation, NJ has bills pending in the legislature that would a) prohibit sex offenders from driving ice cream trucks (maybe not a bad idea), b) not being allowed to use dating services or online social networking sites, c) not get pre>

#219564 - 04/21/08 07:43 PM Re: Bill Passes for Castration in LA [Re: AndyJB2005]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: AndyJB2005
People that watch FOX love this stuff.

Hey! Wait a minute! I watch fox from time to time but certainly don't soak up everything they broadcast as being what's good for me or the country. Don't paint with too broad a brush, Andy \:\)

Of course I also watch CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, and CSPAN for that matter with the same critical eye as with FOX.

Edited by walkingsouth (04/21/08 07:45 PM)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.