Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
1 registered (Austintexan), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63126 Topics
441436 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#219071 - 04/19/08 11:07 AM Re: i wanted to shaked my TV [Re: Still]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Jarrad, I've taken a 180 view on this. At first, I thought that maybe the raid was justified, but let's consider some developing facts, and some past histories of the Texas Foster Care System, which is what all these kids are gonna be going into if the State of Texas has it's way.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5713823.html

Arrest in polygamy call stuns child advocates
Woman, 33, also being investigated in Eldorado case

AUSTIN — It sounded so genuine: a terrified voice of a young girl expressing fear that if rescued from a religious cult, blacks might harm her.

The calls to the Child Protection Project, run by a former member of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, were recorded at the request of the Texas Rangers.

The Rangers wanted to know if the anonymous caller was the young girl whose outcry by phone on March 29, to a San Angelo crisis center triggered a massive raid two weeks ago on the breakaway Mormon sect's ranch outside Eldorado.

The search didn't produce the girl, but records seized at the polygamist site prompted state authorities to remove all 416 children from the ranch and seek termination of parental custody, now the subject of a legal drama in nearby San Angelo involving hundreds of lawyers.

The calls to the former sect member, meanwhile, led the Rangers to Colorado Springs, Colo., where police Wednesday arrested Rozita Swinton, a 33-year-old black woman.

She was charged with falsely reporting abuse to authorities in connection with a separate incident in Colorado Springs two months ago.

Texas authorities say Swinton is a person of interest in their search for the girl whose call prompted them to raid the Yearning for Zion Ranch.

Department of Public Safety officials declined to discuss the case as part of an ongoing investigation, but issued a statement Friday saying the Rangers accompanied Colorado Springs police to search Swinton's home for items related to previous false reports to authorities.

Officers found several items indicating a possible connection between Swinton and calls regarding FLDS compounds in Colorado City, Arizona, and the one near Eldorado.

The Rangers are "actively pursuing Rozita Swinton as a person of interest regarding telephone calls placed to a crisis center hotline in San Angelo," the DPS said.

A Colorado judge approved the Rangers' request to seal records in the case.

Child Protection Project founder Linda Walker and the Phoenix-based group's executive director, Flora Jessop, said Friday they were stunned when they learned the woman's identity.

"In her little baby voice, she said, 'If you rescue me, and I get out of here, do you think the black people will hurt me?' " Walker said. "She had done her homework. She knew it was a racist cult. We know that these kids are very frightened of black people.

"The Texas Rangers told us she was obsessed with the FLDS. They confiscated tons of material on the FLDS (in the search of Swinton's home). She even gave real addresses and real names of FLDS people."

Walker and Jessop hesitated to say that Swinton was the person who called the Texas hot line to describe sexual and physical abuse by a 50-year-old husband at the ranch outside Eldorado, but they endorsed the resulting actions of Texas authorities.

"Regardless of who made these calls, the system worked exactly as it was supposed to work," said Jessop, a former FLDS member whose cousin, Merrill Jessop, runs the ranch.

"A call came into the hot line from a little girl who said she was being brutalized. They turned this information over to Child Protective Services and to the proper authorities. Those authorities went in and did their job," she said. "They found systemic abuse in there, which is what we have been saying for years."

Now let's have a look at this Wonderful Foster Care System that these "rescued" kids will be going into, shall we?

Boy's death points to flaws in foster care system
http://www.hope4kidz.org/news/texas/TX_11122006.html

Texas Foster Care Investigation - Children as young as 3 are drugged with antipsychotics
http://www.ahrp.org/infomail/04/11/13.php

Before he was caught for child rape...............
http://almosttuesday.wordpress.com/2008/04/07/before-he-was-caught-for-child-rape/

This whole affair TOTALLY disturbs me.

I mean, COME ON. They're taking away EVERY SINGLE child from their parents, you simply can't DO THAT. Let's say the Smiths living next door are abusing their kids, what makes it then ok to take away someone ELSE'S kids simply because they're living next door? This whole story stinks. God help those kids once their "saved" by the State of Texas and delivered to their wonderful Foster Care System.

#219106 - 04/19/08 02:51 PM Re: i wanted to shaked my TV [Re: Hauser]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
this isnt about poyligimists or false calls. the point is, in that moment on TV, that mother said "the child chooses." that is a flaw in itself. the child shouldn't choose anything. he or she should be guided to make the appropriate choices. i dont care if it was said by a white democratic woman living in california. the logic is flawed. thats what upset me.

#219108 - 04/19/08 03:02 PM Re: i wanted to shaked my TV [Re: Jarrad]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I agree with that, Jarrad. Just that there is that way of thought, it is dangerous. If that is what is 'taught', the believes that is taught, it is to me, wrong and dangerous. The rest of it is all crazy and no, of course not, children should not be taken away from all parents because one family is abusive. But I think it would be the rare 14 year old who is truly able to 'choose' to marry an old man and have his children. That is just wrong I think.

andrei

#219119 - 04/19/08 04:03 PM Re: i wanted to shaked my TV [Re: ak]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I have to go with Jarrad on this one. Hauser has a great point but when the prevailing thought in the "sect" is that a child. and may in emphasize the word CHILD, chooses that is just wrong on way to many levels and those people have no business with children because that is what it is to them business! These people should be sterilized and put out to pasture.

Edited by Freedom49 (04/19/08 04:03 PM)

#219172 - 04/19/08 08:33 PM Re: i wanted to shaked my TV [Re: Freedom49]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: Freedom49
These people should be sterilized and put out to pasture.

Well...this would have to apply to ALL child abusers, not just religious zellots.

Separate from public opinions surrounding their sick traditions and beliefs regarding children, try keeping an eye on the propoganda efforts, cover-ups and media manipulation. For example, main-stream media will NEVER even go near the established fact that the TX foster system in fkd-up beyond befief...that a huge proportion of these kids will be abused in the "system."

The abuse of probable and the heavy-handed official actions ought to scare the shnik out of any freedom loving American.

Propoganda, officail mis-information and media manipulation gave the US Govt popular license to kill the CHIDREN at Waco. And NO ONE in the US public said a peep on mainstram media.

Well, this time they may not outright kill the children of hated religious zellots, but they will certainly fk them up in the system.

I AM NOT DEFENDING THE TREATMENT AND ABUSE THESE KIDS WERE GETTING IN THIS SECT. I am pointing out that methods and power employed in this instance ought to truly concern Americans.

I dare anyone to tell me that abuse on a grand scale does not exist with any state's Child Services!

Example: In the early days of Christian home schooling in Massachusetts, children were routinely taken by the state (from loving parents) and put into one of the most dangerous "systems" in this counrty.

These people should be sterilized and put out to pasture.

As long as official propoganda and media manipulation yields results like your statement Roger, this nation will be doomed and corrupt and ill-intended leaders will relax comfortably.

Still's Globs

New Video

#219175 - 04/19/08 09:00 PM Re: i wanted to shaked my TV [Re: Still]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ok fine..........there is no such thing as gravity.....the whole world sucks.

When I refer to "these people" I refer to anyone who abuses a child whether it is offcially sanctioned by the government, religious organizations, or parental units.

I should have known I would never get away with a stupid statement like that around Hauser or Robbie \:\(

Edited by Freedom49 (04/19/08 09:03 PM)

#219299 - 04/20/08 12:38 PM Re: i wanted to shaked my TV [Re: Jarrad]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
At least they are admitting to it, rather than denial.
Cults are generally the hub of abusers, with their own
morality clashing with that of the state.

They have no real choice, as other posters have already stated.
Then again, there is no choice when you are young, or at least
the choice is severely limited to expectation of what they tell
them love really is.

Its just a breeding ground for criminals, and future abusers.
Just tell the kids, its what God would like of them, ugh,

ste

P.S. Wsnns borrow my TV hammer?

#219329 - 04/20/08 05:02 PM Re: i wanted to shaked my TV [Re: reality2k4]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Cults suck!

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#219350 - 04/20/08 06:17 PM Re: i wanted to shaked my TV [Re: Freedom49]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations

I should have known I would never get away with a stupid statement like that around Hauser or Robbie \:\(

Didn't mean to pounce on you so freaking hard.

Still's Globs

New Video

#219358 - 04/20/08 06:34 PM Re: i wanted to shaked my TV [Re: Still]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Naw Robbie, I appreciate your POV. Sometimes I get emotional and say stupid stuff I regret later. You two always have different perspective that seems to balance that and it is a good thing. lol Thanks

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.