Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, highflight, 1 invisible), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63793 Topics
445491 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#219279 - 04/20/08 11:00 AM Goodbye and thank you!
Lou Offline

To all that have supported me over the past 7 or 8 months and to all of the PM's....thank you.

It is time for me to exit and start a new life for myself.

I had drawn my line in the sand and last Saturday morning upon learning that my BF crossed it by going back on line and arranging discreet meetings with men, I decided to move out.

I know and understand that his CSA has had a major impact on my life and I also understand that by my leaving this site that it will not be over for me.

But, I feel that I just want to move on and try to forget the nightmare that my life came to over the past few months.

I know that I am a good person and that I can only and will only accept a monogamous relationship. My moral values just will not allow me anything less. I hope and pray that one day the good Lord puts the right man in my life that will be just that...somehow....it doesn't seem like too much to ask.

So, a big thank you to all of the people on this site that have given me feedback and friendship over the past few months. And an especially big thank you to all of the moderators for your never ending love and support.

I wish all of you only peace and happiness in your lives.

Lou

#219281 - 04/20/08 11:13 AM Re: Goodbye and thank you! [Re: Lou]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Thank you Lou. You are a woman with alot of love to give and as I've told you before, I believe that those who are capable of love and who want love, will find it. It can be a time consuming search, but it will come.

ROCK ON........Trish

#219284 - 04/20/08 11:18 AM Re: Goodbye and thank you! [Re: Trish4850]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
DITTO on what Trish said!
I wish well on your new journey Lou

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

#219286 - 04/20/08 11:23 AM Re: Goodbye and thank you! [Re: GateKPR4]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Lou,

Trish said it well. I can only echo her thoughts. Blessings to you as you move on.

Lots of love,

John

#219287 - 04/20/08 11:26 AM Re: Goodbye and thank you! [Re: Lou]
Liv2124 Offline

Loc: New Jersey
(((Lou))),
I can imagine how hard this must be for you. And I commend you for the strength it takes to do this, to stand up for the monogamy you desire from a relationship and to move forward in that direction rather than settle for less.
One thing that resonates over and over in the F&F forum is how much of an impact the CSA has on our lives. And the arguments we have with our men over the fact that this is not just "their thing" because they are not the islands they seem to think they are. The csa happened to them, yes, but it may as well have happened to us. What affects them, in turn affects us. Add to that, at times, overwhelming frustration because we can't do anything about those effects alone.
In the end, we all have to decide what we can accept and what we can't. For me, his encounters with men never bothered me that much. (Sounds weird, but it's true) Whatever he was looking for, he hasn't found yet. I can't take lies. That's my line in the sand. Nothing is ever so bad that he has to lie to me. To date, it's understood.
I wish you the best of luck and happiness in the future. And thank you for all your insight, support, and responses to my posts.
Always,
Liv

#219295 - 04/20/08 12:22 PM Re: Goodbye and thank you! [Re: Liv2124]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Lou,

Best of luck to you on your journey. Looking out for yourself needs to be your number one priority. I'm glad you are doing that.

#219300 - 04/20/08 12:39 PM Re: Goodbye and thank you! [Re: EGL]
honey girl Offline

Loc: Midwest US
Good luck to you, Lou, and thanks for all your contributions to the site while you were here. I hope you find some happiness in a love relationship; you deserve it. Congratulations for setting your limits and sticking to them. I imagine how difficult it is, and yet, it's also liberating to have standards. I salute you on your journey.
Peace,
HG

#219343 - 04/20/08 05:55 PM Re: Goodbye and thank you! [Re: honey girl]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Lou,
I can only echo what all the others have said. I so admire your sticking to your guns on this. This meeting other guys is risky for him and for you and you have to look out for you first. Good luck to you and I wish you much happiness in the future.

#219347 - 04/20/08 06:11 PM Re: Goodbye and thank you! [Re: Freedom49]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Lou,

I understand how badly this has hurt you, and the bottom line is that our partners have every right to draw the line and set some minimum requirements.

I hope your journey is a fulfilling one and that you will be able to find renewed happiness in your life. I also hope you know that you are welcome back anytime, should you decide that you want to renew your contacts with our community

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#219408 - 04/20/08 11:46 PM Re: Goodbye and thank you! [Re: roadrunner]
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX
Good luck, Lou, thanks for all the PM's. You're doing the right thing for yourself. You can always write me again if you need.

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.