Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
4 registered (aniceguy, traveler, sugarbaby, Still), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447601 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#219268 - 04/20/08 09:15 AM going down the other side, what should I do?
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Okay, after feeling better last Wednesday, upto feeling pretty dam good last thursday and friday, things have started to slip this morning. I'm worry about how I did at roleplay last night, I'm nervous because of things I haven't done, and I'm slightly dreading seeing my friend this week for said musical, sinse my feelings towards her are rather confused.

I'm even worried about seeing the uni counceling service on tuesday, sinsethat'll mean having to explain this again. I'm feeling like a burden to my friends and as if I have nothing to offer, ---- heck even writing this post makes me worry I'm dumping negativity on all the chaps here.

but I don't want to get into self-recrimination, or destraction, sinse that just made things a lot worse last time and made the down period last for over a week.

so what do I do. okay, this is the way I feel right now, so what do I do about it? I know the feeling with be temporary, but how do I make certain it's as temporary as possible.

I'm really sorry again for doing this here, but I'm sure someone will be able to give me a good answer.

#219270 - 04/20/08 09:46 AM Re: going down the other side, what should I do? [Re: dark empathy]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
no need to be sorry for having feelings or dumping some stuff on here.
thats what its all about, getting it out and getting feedback that will help us.
I had fears when posting here myself and you can see it in my older posts.
Its normal we got trust issues, fear issues, we are all in this boat together and everyone has a paddle. When one gets tired the others move in to pick up and hep the other. At least that has been my experience. Also there are lots of negative posts and you know what? most have encouragement and support that follow them. So keep on dumping, its good to let it out.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#219276 - 04/20/08 10:36 AM Re: going down the other side, what should I do? [Re: GateKPR4]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
DE, Yes this is temporary and you see that which is good. Pull back a little for other stressful stuff in your life and be good to you. Do things to confort you and cheer you up. Exercise, which not only makes you body feel better but will help your mind as well. Go for walks. Get out of the flat. Don't isolate yourself. Get out among people. You don't have to talk to them but get out among them and move around. I hope this helps. You have friends here. So post and talk with all of us. Take Care.

#219310 - 04/20/08 01:33 PM Re: going down the other side, what should I do? [Re: Freedom49]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Hi chaps and thanks, it's really appreciated. 40 minutes running and weights, a pot of nickeraguan coffee, some of my uba chocolate, and watching quark's antics on Ds9 for a couple of hours was definitely having an effect, but I just got a phone call which has slightly confused things a bit, and right now I'm not certain what I'm doing. when I get my mind in order I'll try and write a coherent post about it sinse it's deffinately something I need advice about, --- lots of advice in fact, but right now I'm a bit too mixed up to be coherent on the issue.

#219454 - 04/21/08 09:54 AM Re: going down the other side, what should I do? [Re: dark empathy]
hogan_dawg Offline

That's ok. These things take time and energy to sort out.

Roger is right - it's temporary. But emotions with this stuff go all over the map and that's typical. So take care of you.

Please dump here. This is the place to dump.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.