Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
6 registered (Jake123, BraveFalcon, hike1972, pluckmemory, Landscape, 1 invisible), 61 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62509 Topics
438072 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#219049 - 04/19/08 08:05 AM Research - Long term outcomes
hogan_dawg Offline

Hey does anyone know of excellent research into the long term outcomes of men who've been sexually abused by men?

My guess would be that untreated CSA of men by men results in greater prevalence of:

- autoimmune disorders
- anxiety based disorders
- affective disorders like bipolar disorder, depression
- assault and other violent crime
- confusion around issues of sexual preference

Does anyone know of research into long term effects of this CSA stuff?

Edited by hogan_dawg (04/19/08 08:06 AM)

#219060 - 04/19/08 09:52 AM Re: Research - Long term outcomes [Re: hogan_dawg]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Hogan, I would guess if anyone has it would be Ken Singer and you can PM him. Mike Lew's book had some statistics in it. That list you have is a good one and I bet that more could be added. Good question though and I would be interested in an answer to that also.

#219064 - 04/19/08 10:24 AM Re: Research - Long term outcomes [Re: Freedom49]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Have you seen: http://www.jimhopper.com/male-ab/ ?

There's a ton of researched-bases answers there. Some things you list follow from other more basic symptoms, i.e. anger leads to assault, violent crime, anxiety and depression, etc.

I've seen CSA highly connected to Borderline Personality Disorder and DID. (like 80%).

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#219181 - 04/19/08 09:37 PM Re: Research - Long term outcomes [Re: LandOfShadow]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
The best book around on statistics and research is by Josef Spiegel called "Sexial Abuse of Males" published by Brunner-Routledge. It is quite scholarly and not for the average person looking for info on recovery, but if you are looking for citations and statistics, it is what you want.

#219231 - 04/20/08 02:03 AM Re: Research - Long term outcomes [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
hogan_dawg Offline

The scholarly stuff makes me feel scholarly. I'll get it. Thanks. \:\)

http://www.amazon.com/Sexual-Abuse-Males...08671337&sr=8-1

I checked out the website on Sexual Abuse of Males and I've got it open now and having a look, thanks.

Also Roger I will look into Mike Lew's book. Thanks.

Edited by hogan_dawg (04/20/08 02:05 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.