Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (VASurvivor, aniceguy, 1 invisible), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63580 Topics
444210 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#21916 - 11/06/03 12:20 PM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
I'd like to hear an update, too, if possible.

The Office of Personnel Management coordinates a single charity "pledge drive" period for US of A federal goverment employees. To qualify in the Combined Federal Campaign a charity organization must complete an OPM application early in the calendar year. (The employees are deciding right now whether to give in 2004 and to whom.)

The application process which selected the charities in the current catalog is described on the OPM web site . The schedule for the 2004 pledge cycle, for donations during calendar year 2005, is also online here . OPM will begin accepting applications to receive CY2005 donations in a few weeks, and their application deadline is February 2, 2004. I did not see the new application forms online, but they have an email address, cfc@opm.gov, for questions.

Legalese from the web site states
Quote:
The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is open to all charitable organizations recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as tax-exempt under Title 26, United States Code, Section 501(c)(3). Applicant organizations must meet the eligibility and public accountability standards detailed in the United States Code of Federal Regulations, Title 5, Chapter 950.
It may be down the road a bit, but I believe we'll get to 2005 and will still be willing to accept donations. \:\) I was once a government employee and I volunteered to coordinate the program several times, once for an entire division. I have seen a lot of generosity on the part of employees who chose to make donations through this program. I think we should get MaleSurvivor in line for some of those donations.

Thanks,

Joe

#21917 - 11/07/03 06:11 AM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I mailed out donation few days ago. I am sorry I can not give more, can not give what this site gives to me.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#21918 - 11/08/03 11:32 AM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
Richard Gartner, PhD Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York, NY, USA
Thanks to all who have contributed. No amount is too small!

Logan, certainly you should join us -- the dues money wouldn't be counted in the drive funds but it would still go into our coffers, and we'd rather have you as a member.

Outis -- does a governement employe have to register us? or can anyone put us down?

Richard

#21919 - 11/08/03 11:53 AM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
I joined. That's the only way I can support right now, altho I will send more cash when I can.

I sounded unreasonable earlier. This site saved my life. Time for me to "pay it forward."

Peace, love, and loads of cash for the new year, brothers. We cannot let this site down!

Scot \:D

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#21920 - 11/14/03 10:04 AM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Richard,

It does not have to be a government employee. Since the application form was not online when I last checked, I can't be certain who it should be. The application from last year is online, and it requires a contact person and a certifying individual, each from the applying organization. They require things like a copy of the most recent "IRS determination letter" (I know the IRS is determined! \:\) ), and IRS forms with signatures of the appropriate officer(s), not just of the preparer. The IRS forms are required for the application even if the IRS does not require them for a particular organization. Accounting! It's beyond my simple appreciation of math.

The schedule says they'll begin accepting applications Dec 1 for the catalog they'll distribute to employees in October 2004. Last year's application document is marked "Rev Dec 2002" so it may be that they won't release the new application until December.

I'm local to DC so I'll do some calling around and pass the information back to you.

Thanks,

Joe

#21921 - 11/25/03 12:03 AM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
Fred Tolson Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Men, we have now passed $8,000 \:D

Thank you for your continued and generous support.

#21922 - 11/25/03 12:50 AM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Awesome!!

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#21923 - 11/25/03 09:58 AM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Absolutely the best news I have heard in a long time. \:D

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#21924 - 11/27/03 02:37 PM .
Anonymous
Unregistered

#21925 - 11/27/03 08:39 PM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Len
yes, we're short of some readies, the full story is on the home page somewhere.

But look at this - $8,000 already. WOW !

Dave \:D

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.