Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Asmodeus (31), comeath3 (75), Roy (53), Skeeter (55), tazrad (43), Treehugger75 (39), waterworld (53)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63991 Topics
446657 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#21906 - 10/15/03 07:53 AM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Ken how is it going so far. Should we contact companies for their support and stuff like that?

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#21907 - 10/15/03 09:16 AM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
I wouldn't recommend folks start contacting corporations on their own. There is a science and art to fundraising. We have several board members with considerable fundraising experience. I believe Chuck Spence is the committee chair for raising money.

If you or any other members are interested in helping out, I suggest you contact Chuck through the website and offer your help.

Thanks,
Ken

#21908 - 10/16/03 12:36 AM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Will mail donation. Perhaps some day will be in better position to assist.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#21909 - 10/17/03 02:38 PM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
PAS Offline

Loc: Canada
I want to send $ but need to know how can Canadian supporters send $ ? Are we supposed to mail a cheque to the Canadian office? Do we send in Canadian or U.S. (will determine if we need to send a bank order or a personal cheque)?. Please advise.

PAS (partner of SA survivor)

#21910 - 10/17/03 05:03 PM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
Fred Tolson Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Canadians may send there check(s) to our US address.

MaleSurvivor
PMB 103
5505 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20015-2601

#21911 - 10/17/03 11:20 PM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
Richard Gartner, PhD Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York, NY, USA
Dear Mikey,

As Ken says, corporations should be approached by an official fundraiser. If anyone would like to assist Chuck Spence in fundraising, please contact him. Or, if you work for a corporation that is likely to be helpful, please let him know.

We have at times asked corporations for donations, but for the most part this has not yielded results. Nor have grant applicatons been successful thus far.

Canadian donations can be made out either in Canadian or US dollars, though it is probably easier on this end if it is in US currency.

Richard Gartner

#21912 - 10/23/03 07:45 PM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Well the 'thermometer' on the home page is now reading $5,000 - which, if my sums are right, is a third of the way there.

That's the sort of response that shows we are serious about keeping Male Survivor alive.

Dave \:D

#21913 - 10/27/03 03:14 PM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Hi. I know its bin a long time since i've posted but i just thought i'd swing by and see what bin going on.
I've bin woking really hard in therapy and its really starting to pay off.
Sorry about not showing my face around here lately but coming here is, to me, some what depressing because its like nerve evoking and pain/guilt inducing because i re-live the sh*t by contantly read and thionk about it causing me to obsess over past memories.
this gets me low and i have trouble fighting it.----sorry if that was over redundent.

Anyway I hope evey one is well and doing OK.

The reason i posted is that i'm in a position to help finacialy but i was wondering if I made a donation could that be applied to a membership as well; or vice versa,--if i paid for a membership would the proceeds contribute to the MALESURVIVOR web site?

I'll try to update yu guys on what i've been up to and my future plans, i'm getting ready to move in December.

well, take care of yur selfs,yur worth it!
-Logan

-Blade Runner

#21914 - 10/27/03 04:39 PM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Logan
It's so good to hear from someone who's passed through MS and gained something from it, I do hope your recovery continues, I'm sure it will.

Your donation in any form will be welcome,and I don't think it makes much difference as to which way you do it, although there will be less administration costs by making a donation I would think.

Dave

#21915 - 11/02/03 02:53 PM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
How are things going with all of this. I see the donation graph hasn't moved up to much lately. Just curious.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.