Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
2 registered (BobdaFarmer61, 1 invisible), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444187 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#21886 - 10/11/03 06:00 PM LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
bec Offline

Loc: chicagoland area
fellow men:

let's not let MALESURVIVOR go bankrupt. i have been using this site for some years now and desparately want it to stay afloat. i am between jobs but i plan to send something small to help out. if this site/organization disappears i for one will GREATLY miss it. i know i cannot be the only one. please, let's all do our part. sincerely and respectfully,

bec

bec, we appreciate your thoughtfulness in starting this thread. No amount is to small and when it comes from a fellow survivor it means so much more.

#21887 - 10/11/03 06:17 PM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
I agree... a small donation is a big help to most organizations.

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#21888 - 10/11/03 08:26 PM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Here in the UK I am involved with Axis, a charity that provides therapy for survivors, and tonight I've been to the 10th anniversary party ( so please excuse any bad typing )

The founder of Axis is a remarkable woman, and tonight she gave a speech and recalled all the hard times when they started up.
They borrowed a room, begged some furniture and a carpet, scrounged an advertising space in the local paper and started helping survivors.
The therapists weren't paid for many years, and they're not paid the going rate now.
But Axis works. In ten years 3,000 survivors have been helped, and that's only a fraction of those abused people who are out there.

Working to help survivors isn't an easy task, Axis works in a small local area, MS is very big compared to that. But the problems are the same, it's only a matter of scale.
As survivors we aren't the most 'popular' charitable group on the block, the local dog pound probaly gets more donations, so we have to help ourselves. Well, not so much ourselves, but those that will surely follow us.

I KNOW how successful good therapy, help and support can be, believe me - six or seven years ago I wouldn't have the confidence to do what I do now.
Survivors CAN, AND DO, go on to live better lives.
I won't bullshit anyone and say there's a cure - there isn't. But we can learn to live with what we've got. Hell - we can benefit from it !
What makes us survivors is our inner strengths, and as we heal we use those strengths in different ways.
Survival is something we admire in others, someone who walks away from a disaster, or crawls off a mountain injured is a hero. Isn't that what we do ?

I think it is.

MS is a part of all our recoveries as well. I got most of my healing from therapy, and the support of my loving wife and a few good friends.
But in the dark hours of a lonely night where did I go for my support - where can I still go ?

Male survivor is where.

Dave

#21889 - 10/11/03 08:44 PM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
deej Offline

Loc: Toronto
I currently do not have financial support that I can offer... I do however have a few things that I could:

- Free enterprise web hosting
- domain, e-mail alias hosting
- 8 years professional web experience, and any help that may be needed

I realize that this organization is more than simply the website, but it would be one less thing to be concerned about. Who do I talk to, to see about this?

- Joe

Thanks Joe. I wanted everyone to know that we are in contact with Joe.

#21890 - 10/11/03 09:19 PM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
I dont have any ways to send money right now either. But I can stuff letter's and lick stamps and get to the post office. Things like that. Let me know if I can help this way.
James

Thank you. Your support of MS is important to us.

#21891 - 10/12/03 01:07 AM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
mrsunshineguy Offline

Loc: Texas
Hey bec (and all)

I have sort of watched and you have been doing better and better. Good for you, and good for us.

You know, when they started the two-tier member stuff, I guess it was intended as a funding method. I figured, OK, whatever. Not my trip. Conferences, newletters, mailing lists (and whatever else) just seemed like churn to me and did not make much sense.

But if they need just plain operating money to keep the site going . . . well, hey. Just ask. The check is in the mail.

--------------------

James and deej . . . don't worry. When you are "all better \:\) " things -- like your life, finances, relationships, on and on will be better, too.

Might not seem real, yet, but it will. I Promise.

For now, concentrate on getting yourself better.

That alone is some of the hardest and best work you can do for yourself and others.

After you are up and on your feet, you can help pull the freight, then. No big deal, it is just the way these things work.

I understand that 12 step programs sometimes consider that part of the 12th step. (don't ask about the 13th step. \:\) \:\) \:\) )

See you,

Sunshine

#21892 - 10/12/03 02:34 AM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
Doppelganger1 Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
Count me in to help. I'll be sending in a small donation.

Jeff

Darryl Kile

#21893 - 10/12/03 02:30 PM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
Dan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Seattle, WA
NOMSV/Male Survivor was there for me when I needed support. Now that I'm stronger, it's my turn to support this worthy organization.

Dan/Seattletux

#21894 - 10/12/03 11:10 PM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
This site and he guys here have done so much for me. The check is on the way.

Thanks for all you do

Ken

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#21895 - 10/13/03 06:11 AM Re: LET'S KEEP THIS SITE/MALESURVIVOR GOING!
ernie Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Portland, Maine
My donation is on its way. I offer my assistance in any way or form needed. A friend and I have written to every diocese in the state of Maine asking for their help as well. About time they dig in the pockets a bit deeper to help an organization that has helped so many in their clerical abuse situations. I have personally seen what MS has done for me as well as for my best friend.............
Bob

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.