Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (WriterKeith, 1 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63236 Topics
442193 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#218774 - 04/17/08 04:16 PM Is there a ' Three Heartbreak Limit ? '
Magoo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: far, far away

I broke up with my fiance in Feb. and had to move in with my 25 year old son and his g/f; my heart was broken.
I didn't realize it but my son has anger/alcohol issues and almost physically hurt me. In the heat of an alcohol fueled argument, he smacked the glasses off my face and they went flying across the room. I had to stay with my middle daughter twice in the month I was there for fear of my physical safety. Before I left, he apologized and I forgave him but my heart was broken, again.
I got a job offer out of state where my older daughter also happens to live. She was very excited and said I could stay with her and her husband, of course, and I haven't seen her in 6 months and thought this would be a wonderful, loving reunion, but...
Soon after I arrived, she got angry with me that I was making her and her husband feel stressed and pressured by my presence. I have my own bedroom and bathroom! She said they would not stop their lives for my convienence. I said I never asked them to. All I asked was to be taken to a supermarket to buy food that I like to eat. She said I was making demands on them. My heart broke, once again.
This all happened in a time span of 2 months. I go to sleep crying and I wake up crying. On my days off, I look for places to live. I get lost alot because I don't know my way around. I have lots of maps in my car.
This morning when I woke up, I asked God if there was a 'three heart break limit' rule.
I don't understand why these things happened to me.
I feel so alone, just like I did when I was sexually abused. I felt no one cared. Everyone was too busy.
Is there some lesson I'm supposed to learn here?
Is it really 'each to his own' and 'we come into the world alone and we leave it alone?'
The world feels like a very cold place now.
I know the love I have for myself has to sustain me, but I don't think I have enough of it yet.

Thanks for reading.

ps- I am NOT suicidal.

#218780 - 04/17/08 04:42 PM Re: Is there a ' Three Heartbreak Limit ? ' [Re: Magoo]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
magoo,
I am sad your feeling this. This is a tough time. We spend our life raising our kids and yet they have no time for us now. I have no answers for you on this. I wish I did. I can say that if there is a three heartbreak limit I have gone way over. I hope you find a good place of your own. Living with relatives is hard on them and us. Take care and thanks for posting this.

#218840 - 04/17/08 10:37 PM Re: Is there a ' Three Heartbreak Limit ? ' [Re: Freedom49]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Magoo,

Not sure on the answer to the limit. But I wanted to let you know I read your post and it made me sad to know you are hurting. I think more than anything, it touched some of the hurt I have been feeling lately. Glad you were able to share.

Eric

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.