Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
era1 (31), GregoryP (50), GregoryParcell (50), junior (54), KDW78 (36), nansogre (48)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, JW1230, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64148 Topics
447583 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#218511 - 04/16/08 09:50 AM Re: Love - vs - Lust [Re: bgd]
VLinvictus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
It was not until I became a dog owner that I truly saw what pure, unconditional love really is.

#218512 - 04/16/08 09:51 AM Re: Love - vs - Lust [Re: roadrunner]
VLinvictus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: roadrunner

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but isn't it true that any dumb animal can fuck?

If only it were that simple! \:\)
Having the ability and having the opportunity are two very different things.

#218556 - 04/16/08 02:01 PM Re: Love - vs - Lust [Re: VLinvictus]
Jeff Amsel Offline

Loc: NJ
Guys,
The posts on this site are more than I can imagine. Each has such meaning, and I identify with all. I am 66yrs young, very active, and a grandpa of 6 gems. My two daughters have really blessed me. Married 4 times, and have yet to be in love. Not sure if lust is the right word, but I am forever horny.....to me that is lusting. I have never wanted to make love, just screw. The last person I wanted to do that with was any of my wives. It was so much better either with a hooker or massage parlor. Pay the price, walk out satisfied. No matter who the female I am with, after 2 or 3 times in bed, I was done. On to the new....terrified of the one I am with. Looking for a new T, and a group. Hope to find both very soon. This is only my 3rd day at this site, and I am very glad to have found it. I am also a recovering AA, and have almost 6yrs sober. Along with all my addictions, I am trying to get it all together. With your help and my higher power, I will find it. Thanks to each and every one. Jeff \:\)

#218686 - 04/17/08 05:20 AM Re: Love - vs - Lust [Re: VLinvictus]
dking777 Offline

Loc: CA
I was watching this movie the other day - with Omar Sharif titled Monsieur Ibrahim. The movie is about a Muslim who adopts a 16 year Jewish youth. The teenager is having his first pangs of a broken heart over a girl who dumped him. The old man says something to him that I thought was profound. The teenager's name is Momo - short for Moses.

Ibrahim: Your love for her is yours. It belongs to you. She rejects it, but she can't destroy it. She's just missing out on it. What you give, Momo, is yours for good. What you keep is lost forever.

#218699 - 04/17/08 09:41 AM Re: Love - vs - Lust [Re: dking777]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
DKing, thank you for sharing that with us. I also enjoyed that movie...it is interesting how we can learn about life.

#218705 - 04/17/08 09:52 AM Re: Love - vs - Lust [Re: DanM]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I find it interesting that so much of our attitude towards our abuse and harm directly effects us, not our abusers. Ironic that forgiveness and restoring "love" as described here does nothing for or against our perps but directly affects our quality of life for us. It is us that we are trying to heal and us that can provide that healing. Interesting. Thank you both.

#218765 - 04/17/08 02:31 PM Re: Love - vs - Lust [Re: Freedom49]
Magoo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: far, far away
Awesome Dking!
Thanks,

#218769 - 04/17/08 03:38 PM Re: Love - vs - Lust [Re: dking777]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Quote:
"rakhma", in Aramaic means unconditional love. We have no word for such an attitude in English.

Yes we do DK, it's just been perverted, the word we have is "love", it was never meant to hold condition's.

The word "acceptance" has been replaced with the word love, those that tell you they will accept you don't know what the word love means, they have just used love in acceptance's place.

Mike

Edited by mogigo (04/17/08 03:44 PM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.