Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (OKIE MIKE), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445343 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#218462 - 04/16/08 02:27 AM Nonsense Verse (triggers)
Bobby Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona
Send me a ripple
Send me a rhyme
Send me a note
When I'm dying in time
Send me a bunny
Send me a bear
Sing me a song
When you know I'm not there
Bow down before me
Throw me a bone
Tell me you love me
Then burn the phone
Nobody's waiting
Nobody cares
See the child sitting
There on the stairs?
Show me the terror
Show me the tears
Show me the small child
Show me his fears
If I could reach you
Why would I reach?
If you could teach me
What would you teach?
Angels of mercy
Fly over head
Too late for angels
Bobby is dead

This poem wrote itself. I have no idea where it came from. Bobby

#218545 - 04/16/08 01:34 PM Re: Nonsense Verse (triggers) [Re: Bobby]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Bobby,

Wow. This one wrote itself? It sounds like you are revisiting old territory for some reason. Any idea why?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#218590 - 04/16/08 05:26 PM Re: Nonsense Verse (triggers) [Re: roadrunner]
Bobby Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona
Unfortunately, yes. Certain life situations just slap me back there. I come back, but it takes a little while. I don't know where the "Bobby is dead" line came from. It was just there all of a sudden. I was going to take it out and put something else in, but thought, no, that's what wanted to be there, so I'll leave it. That's why I said it wrote itself. I guess "It ain't over 'till it's over." But, I knew that. Doesn't discourage me. I just know I still have a ways to go. Thanks for the concern, Larry. Bobby

#218620 - 04/16/08 08:17 PM Re: Nonsense Verse (triggers) [Re: Bobby]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Bobby,

I think it's really important that you posted about this, not least of all so you can see what this series of thoughts represents for you now.

But one thing I can tell you is that you shouldn't see it as a setback of any kind. Progress in recovery isn't linear; it's not a simple matter of either we are feeling things improving (progress) or we're stuck or suffering a setback. Many times progress calls us back to something we thought we had all packed up and put back safely into the box. For whatever reason we just need to "go there".

I am just dusting myself off from what "felt" like a big setback on Sunday, but it was just something I needed to look at again. I got triggered, which I know will happen from time to time still, and suddenly there I was looking at crap from San Francisco in 1969. But I didn't go into meltdown, which would have been my response 3 years ago. That already showed me one big difference. And I could see everything wasn't unraveling on me either. What I did see was that I had never really allowed myself to grieve for a terrible loss I suffered back then, and that sometime I would have to revisit this. But I could do it on my own terms now - my life wasn't going to be hijacked. Another big difference.

I see the same thing in your post. My guess is that 3 years ago the thoughts behind this post would have hammered you really hard. That didn't happen here in 2008. Not even with the dark thought that "Bobby is dead" (which for guys from our generation likely means "Bobby doesn't matter"). As you say, it doesn't discourage you.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#458243 - 01/08/14 03:15 PM Re: Nonsense Verse (triggers) [Re: Bobby]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
in nonsense,
is innocence,
and inner sense.

bobby is me.

"a little nonsense, now and then,
is cherished by the wisest men
."
- roald dahl

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.