Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
3 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, ethereo222, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63190 Topics
441850 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#218224 - 04/15/08 03:10 AM Hey!
endlessjourney Offline

Loc: Cincinnati Ohio
Anger is a gift.

Truth is the very reason we strive to live. It surrounds and resides within us. Accepting the truths we already know and seeking out those we do not is a direct path to inner balance and joy. For life is not a means to an end, but a journey. Life comes and goes but the truth will always live on.

#218283 - 04/15/08 10:38 AM Re: Hey! [Re: endlessjourney]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I agree 100%

Anger is often looked at as a negative emotion. It gets a bad rap because it's so easy in our anger to lose control and then bad things come out of it. It doesn't have to be that way. Getting angry can be very healthy. Angry at injustice. Angry at hurt and pain. Anger at wrongdoing, it's all good!

Just gotta watch what you do in that anger so you don't find yourself inflicting harm and pain and injustice on others!

#218458 - 04/16/08 01:27 AM Re: Hey! [Re: JustScott]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have heard that often people will ignore emotions because they do not feel they are valid emotions to have (e.g. anger), and because they ignore or suppress the real emotion, it can manifest as other emotions and issues such as depression.

I have been learning to see that life has a full spectrum of emotions and feelings, and none of them are necessarily bad; but a lot does sort of depend on what you do with these emotions. Hurting others or creating more problems while in the middle of whatever emotion would be a bad thing. But to just observe the emotions and learn what brings them on, that isn't such a bad thing. Feelings are just feelings and are okay to have. A lot can be learned from them.

Eric

#218486 - 04/16/08 08:00 AM Re: Hey! [Re: ericc]
hogan_dawg Offline

Agreed - at least anger makes you do something about it.

#218570 - 04/16/08 03:14 PM Re: Hey! [Re: hogan_dawg]
simonsurvives Offline

Loc: California, Fresno
I love my anger. No one else is willing to get mad at my parents or what they have done all of them seem to ignore my pain and that shit I have felt. My anger is in a sense my power to getting stronger.

The Hulk \:\)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.