Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
2 registered (CheerfulJohn, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64030 Topics
446834 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#213289 - 03/26/08 03:45 PM Re: Site Policy [Re: ak]
usmc97 Offline

Loc: Colorado
I AM NOT AN IDIOT!!!, it WAS NOT marked "danger open pit" it was marked as the usual "this is what happened to me" trigger warning. No hints to something that shouldn't be here in the first place. I posted what was on my mind because of what it did to me, you were not here watching what it made me go through. I did report it to the mods and knew they'd take care of it. I did not ignore anything, you don't know how much preparation it is for me to sit down and go into the story section. How is it a survivor story if it's hurting a kid.... thanks for calling me an idiot elisha.

Triggers are expected with a lot of things here but dealing directly with perps is not an expectation. If I took on the responsibility of having to stay away from all triggers I wouldn't exist. It's an impossibility to live without them because they are not within my control and some of us don't desensitize to them in the first place.... there is no damage control.

The statistics? 1 in 4, 1 in 6?
...then there's me the imaginary number

#213290 - 03/26/08 03:54 PM Re: Site Policy [Re: usmc97]
JustJeff Offline

Wow. Again, I apologize for my post. If it offended or triggered anyone, i an deeply and sincerely sorry.

#213947 - 03/29/08 12:23 PM Re: Site Policy [Re: JustJeff]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Guys,

Two points. First, let's back off the comments that come so close to being pwersonal attacks on an individual. This is not allowed on our site. Second, a trigger warning is just that - it means "proceed at your own risk". Each of us has to determine where we are in in our recovery and whether or not we should be reading Survivor Stories or any other material bearing trigger warnings.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#213952 - 03/29/08 01:01 PM Re: Site Policy [Re: roadrunner]
usmc97 Offline

"Trigger warning" is not a disclaimer to all responsibility of the writer. You all still missed what the whole problem was about. It's simple!

This was not just a graphic representation of what happened to someone. It was a display of unhealthy actions toward a child and hints to endangerment with no resolve. The original post had no regard for the safety of the said child. It posted an anonomous threat by it's wording which has no reason to be here for someone like me to even stumble upon.

I'll continue to defend my actions because doing the right thing whether or not someone else believes it is right is still the right thing. I don't expect everyone to have the same standards but don't rank on me for having them.

Read about the guidelines for suicidal threats, it's simular to what this stuff does.

#213955 - 03/29/08 01:11 PM Re: Site Policy [Re: usmc97]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Here is the thread from several years ago I was talking of in my first post, when there was discussion of a self-confessed 'perp' on this site. You can see some of the resources offered,and some of the thoughts on it at the time. However, whatever the official 'policy' mentioned by Ken singer at that time is not part of the thread, and I do not recall what the decision was.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...h=true#Post4699

Edited to add: Here is the post from Ken Singer of what was decided on that situation:

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...h=true#Post7515

Edited by ak (03/29/08 02:49 PM)

#213968 - 03/29/08 01:56 PM Re: Site Policy [Re: ak]
usmc97 Offline

Those resources should be a link on the homepage, a deterant in big letters, and that they should try those first before coming here. They said 90% of perps were abused themselves as kids which sounds about right, there is a line that is crossed. It's read more like 90% percent of us are perps most of the time. Of course my "us and them", "black and white" thinking. I remember all of the post you mentioned ak, back then I couldn't speak about things even though I so badly wanted. Where we are we should not feel like we need to hide what we say.

If they do come here welcome them... in another area though, because they do have issues that the rest of us do not. Is that a mean, dishonest statement or too much to ask? Cater to them but don't include the rest of us who can't handle it, make it a choice of interest in helping them.

It is unsafe to me and I don't need a predatory individual involved with me trying to heal. It's damaging to be around MOST of them to me. Things from them come off as patronizing and deceptive. Some of it even feels like grooming stuff because "they understand". Even if they were in another area and then crossed over to never speak of it on this side would be unhealthy for me because now they're hiding something. I'll never see them as safe to be around children and very few safe for me personally, it's too hard to see motives through words on here. I have enough problems than to add this mess to the mix.

#214034 - 03/29/08 06:49 PM Re: Site Policy [Re: usmc97]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
Its amazing...nothing changes over time.

#214042 - 03/29/08 07:11 PM Re: Site Policy [Re: Still]
JustJeff Offline

Lol. Robbie, I totally agree with you on that one. for some reason, i'm having this feeling that this topic is going to turn out like the other one. i'm talking about the one that got 107 replys and 927 views in a little over a day.

#214044 - 03/29/08 07:13 PM Re: Site Policy [Re: JustJeff]
JustJeff Offline

Edited by JustJeff (08/15/10 10:40 AM)

#214045 - 03/29/08 07:14 PM Re: Site Policy [Re: JustJeff]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Nice misplaced child hood avatar Robbie

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.